IGNORED

Berzerk World Record Attempt Live This Saturday!

VectorGamer

Saturday, April 28 at 10 AM EDT

Christian Keilback (AA: Keilbaca) kicks off Retrocade Magazine's new page R'cade Live! with a world record attempt on Berzerk (VCS) game 3. You can watch live at http://www.retrocademagazine.com/live.htm this Saturday.

Keilback is ready to not only take down Todd Rogers' high score on Berzerk but to also put up over a million points when all is said and done! I've watched Christian play, and there's no doubt that he has the goods to get it done.

Check it out this Saturday and support Christian in his world record attempt.

• Like 4

Thank you everyone :D

I will be streaming on Twitch.tv, so those of you with android or ios devices can watch me using the twitch.tv app.

This will be done on my modded atari (I know, frowned upon on TG), but being that I am using it just for the sole purpose an absolute best digital recording that's not emulation, I really don't care.

I will have two webcams up, one on the atari itself, and one on me. The main feed will be Berzerk itself, and I will also have a timer going, showing how far along I am time wise. It will be literally impossible to edit this video, as per TG's fear of using digital recordings. Its up to them if they decide to take the video or not, if they don't, I know that I will have attempted truly and fairly, while bringing the best quality possible to the screen. :D

Thank you again :D

• Like 2

What type of joystick are you planning on using? I find Berzerk with the original Atari Joysticks sucks, you really need a good reliable aftermarket stick to do good.

I've been contemplating doing a million point run aswell although on Game 6, but I know that TG don't have an Atari 2600 ref at the moment so could be problematic.

• Like 1

What type of joystick are you planning on using? I find Berzerk with the original Atari Joysticks sucks, you really need a good reliable aftermarket stick to do good.

I've been contemplating doing a million point run aswell although on Game 6, but I know that TG don't have an Atari 2600 ref at the moment so could be problematic.

I am using a variation of the Slik Stick called the Starmaster. Its basically exactly like the slik stik except it has a rubber handle and no ball on the top. I find it more comfortable than the Slik Stik. I would LOVE to use my Radica Space Invaders 5 in 1 joystick that was converted to Atari 2600, and I swapped out the switches themselves in the joystick with X-Arcade switches. I may do both, and as my hands get sore from one, unplug the one stick and plug in the other.

The majority of the run though will be done with the Starmaster.

@Slowcoder

Thank you, I'm hoping to crush both scores. I know I can at least get to a mil, I'd love to get 2 mil. We'll see how my body holds up.

Edited by keilbaca

keilbaca, best of luck, again, but be careful, since this a Todd Rodgers record, should you break it there could be hissy fits ala King of Kong, since you are using a couple of modded pieces of hardware.

As far as I am concerned if you do it, you do it. And I hope you do.

• Like 2

keilbaca, best of luck, again, but be careful, since this a Todd Rodgers record, should you break it there could be hissy fits ala King of Kong, since you are using a couple of modded pieces of hardware.

As far as I am concerned if you do it, you do it. And I hope you do.

Nah, him and I are cool. I plan on displaying both the pause switch and the s-video mod, showing what the pause switch does, and that the camera will always be on it at all times. With 2 webcams, a stop watch going, and the game going, it is literally impossible to doctor the video. Its just unfortunate that I added the pause switch to the same atari as the s-video mod... but then again during the time of the making of the mod, I had no idea that I would be attempting any marathons like this. No matter, I will have more than enough proof that this is the real deal.

Good luck man!!! :thumbsup:

Hope to watch some of it. :)

BTW, At how many points does the 2600 berserk roll over?

A million is my guess, I'll have to check over in the berzerk forum when Paul Zimmerman got to a million, to see if it rolls.

Thank you, not gonna lie, this is my first marathon, so this will be an interesting experience.

so your trying to beat paul zimmernans's record good luck with that

Thank you :)

Thank you, not gonna lie, this is my first marathon, so this will be an interesting experience.

Shaklee Energy Chews: the official energy source for my million point Star Castle run!

Awesome stuff, I hope I can find these locally.

Approx how long do you think this will take?

8 hours for Todd's record, 10 hours for Zimmerman's record.

I'm trying for 24, but we shall see what happens.

Thank you, both of you :)

They will make a new entry if you submit one with a different variation. It just means no one played that one yet.

8 hours for Todd's record, 10 hours for Zimmerman's record.

I'm trying for 24, but we shall see what happens.

Good luck. I have seen what happens to people after LONG sessions on action games. You get messed up for a while, maybe a day or two.

I did it for 2 and a half with no issues, in fact I woke up 4 hours later and worked 9 hours. As I said this is all new territory. I have a 4 day weekend that weekend, so all day Friday I am sleeping/hydrating/doing as little as possible. Saturday will be the run, then I have Sunday and Monday to rest up for work on Tuesday. :)

I am aware of the bugs. The 18 minutes bug is going to get to me, but I don't think I'll be standing still enough for that to happen. I plan on moving as much as possible, even when I am eating, doing slight taps on the joystick. :)

Edited by keilbaca