8bit Pac-man "Arcade" - Final Version - Accepting Orders

241 replies to this topic

#226 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,565 posts

Posted Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:04 AM

I don't remember changing it. It was probably just a mistake. I'm open to updating it if you make those changes.

#227 dragos OFFLINE  

dragos

Moonsweeper

• 273 posts

Posted Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:07 PM

And I'd be in for a cart too..

#228 MrFish OFFLINE  

MrFish

River Patroller

• 3,666 posts

Posted Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:38 PM

tep392, on 25 Sept 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:tep392, on 25 Sept 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

I don't remember changing it. It was probably just a mistake. I'm open to updating it if you make those changes.

Actually, I think I'm remembering it backwards. It looks like you may have just changed the color of Pac-Man in game and then I had expected change to be propagated into the title screen. Either way, the colors should be matched and it's an easy change. I also think I'm using a different red on the title, which should probably match the in game color too.

I'll see about getting the motion lines added. I think my idea was to composite the motion lines from the cabinet artwork and marquee together -- but added only to the characters.

Edited by MrFish, Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:39 PM.

#229 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,565 posts

Posted Mon Nov 7, 2016 2:25 PM

I'll soon have 15 more carts available.  They are $41 shipped priority mail in the US.  I'll have to quote shipments outside US but expect it to be $5 to $10 more.

PM me to order.  Thanks!

#230 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,565 posts

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 AM

Latest batch of carts are ready!  They are $41 shipped in the US.  For outside the US, I'll have to lookup the shipping and quote.  The orders I just took for the UK were $23 to ship, so it might not be cheap. PM me to order.

edit: I was off by 1 oz on the package weight when I calculated shipping, which made a big difference.  Shipping to UK dropped to $13 when I took off that oz.

TEP392

latestbatch.jpg

#231 Disco Scottie OFFLINE  

Disco Scottie

Star Raider

• 66 posts

Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 9:50 AM

Any chance of another run of carts?

#232 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,565 posts

Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:25 AM

Any chance of another run of carts?

Sure, when I get at least 5 orders.  The wait list in the first post is currently empty, but I can add your name.  

#233 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 2,000 posts

Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 2:03 PM

I am very glad you added the saving notice... most people don't realize a save into flash takes a small amount of time.... the notice is something that might need to be added to the tempest and honestly space harrier lines.... while I have not turned off the games during a save, my friends have almost done so..... that might explain why people like kjmann and peteym scorn the carts... it didn't occur to either of them to add a notice or check to make sure writes were successful or that a user should be notified to wait for the save to happen....

once again you common sense approach to things wins the day TEP392 ;)

#234 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,565 posts

Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:13 PM

I am very glad you added the saving notice... most people don't realize a save into flash takes a small amount of time.... the notice is something that might need to be added to the tempest and honestly space harrier lines.... while I have not turned off the games during a save, my friends have almost done so..... that might explain why people like kjmann and peteym scorn the carts... it didn't occur to either of them to add a notice or check to make sure writes were successful or that a user should be notified to wait for the save to happen....

once again you common sense approach to things wins the day TEP392 ;)

Thanks,  I had a few people tell me that their high score was corrupted and when I looked into it, it appeared that the flash was erased to FF's but the new score wasn't saved.   I couldn't make it happen unless I interrupted the save, so I added the notice just in case someone is quick to shut off the computer at the end of a game.

#235 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 5,083 posts

Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:38 PM

I don't mean to sound like a fussy and demanding twit, but I'll buy another one if you can make a run with translucent yellow or pink cases! I already have two of the blue. :)

#236 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,565 posts

Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:52 PM

I don't mean to sound like a fussy and demanding twit, but I'll buy another one if you can make a run with translucent yellow or pink cases! I already have two of the blue. :)

My original desire was to make the cart in yellow, but Atarimax didn't have that color.  I think they only had blue, red and green available.

#237 Stephen OFFLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 6,037 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 6:19 PM

I have translucent yellow filament for my 3D printer.  It's a real PITA to work with.  Brittle stuff.

#238 AlecRob OFFLINE  

AlecRob

Chopper Commander

• 133 posts
  • The hippies were right.

Posted Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:00 AM

I had a suggestion for pac-man arcade, an idea i was thinking would be a simple hack:  change the pupils of the ghosts eyes from being the color of the ghost to just being see through.  in other words, instead of filling in their pupils with color, just make them holes.  then, the background (which is mostly black) will shine through... 

#239 bfollett OFFLINE  

bfollett

Dragonstomper

• 507 posts

Posted Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 AM

I had a suggestion for pac-man arcade, an idea i was thinking would be a simple hack:  change the pupils of the ghosts eyes from being the color of the ghost to just being see through.  in other words, instead of filling in their pupils with color, just make them holes.  then, the background (which is mostly black) will shine through... 

I thought the same thing.

Bob

#240 kenfused OFFLINE  

kenfused

Stargunner

• 1,324 posts

Posted Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:47 PM

I may be wrong but I believe the white part of the eyes is a wide missile behind the eye area of the ghost, so you can't just poke a pixel sized hole through it.  

#241 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,565 posts

Posted Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:20 PM

I may be wrong but I believe the white part of the eyes is a wide missile behind the eye area of the ghost, so you can't just poke a pixel sized hole through it.

You are correct sir.

#242 AlecRob OFFLINE  

AlecRob

Chopper Commander

• 133 posts
  • The hippies were right.

Posted Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:06 PM

Damn! And here I was thinking I had a good idea! :P

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users