IGNORED

8bit Pac-man "Arcade" - Final Version - Accepting Orders

tep392

This conversion is something else. Best home version I've played. The first credit of the first time I played it when I got it, I scored 35,120 (most of that was on my last life). I love that it saves the score. I have not been able to break that though. It's driving me nuts. I've gotten so close.

I like the ice blue cart, too. Matches the maze color.

• 1 month later...

Very nice work you have done,all it needs now is a case or does the cart come with one.I can make a cover for the case if anyone is interested so you can print it out..?

I've asked Marc Oberhauser if he would sell a box for the game and he was open to it but we would need to supply him the artwork. Are you offering to do the artwork? Might be cool in the style of the XEGS game boxes.

I've asked Marc Oberhauser if he would sell a box for the game and he was open to it but we would need to supply him the artwork. Are you offering to do the artwork? Might be cool in the style of the XEGS game boxes.

I will look into it and make a one and see if you like it.do you want it as a box or as a sleve to go in a plasic box..?

I found this..

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/222281-dk-arcade-2600-playable-demo/page-4?do=findComment&comment=2973428

its not mine but it could be changed.

Brilliant game BTW,Would love this game on the Atari 800XL http://atariage.com/forums/topic/256987-is-anyone-making-a-conversion-antarctic-adventure-for-the-atari-8bit/

post-40380-0-84116600-1473880536_thumb.jpg

post-40380-0-80594900-1473882763_thumb.png

Edited by Spanner

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question I meant to ask you before Tep392: How come you changed the yellow used for Pac-Man on the title screen to a different yellow than what's used for Pac-Man in the game? The title-screen yellow tends to look greenish on some systems, whereas the in-game yellow is more consistently pure yellow. I remember you changed it at the last minute before the first official release, but I think I was too wearied tweaking things by that time to bother mentioning it.

I should also add here that the title screen was never actually finished either. This is just the initial version of it that I posted in the dev thread to see if you were interested in having a title/splash screen. It was nearly done though; the only thing I'd planned to add were black motion lines, like you see on some of the cabinet artwork; they give more of an impression that Pac and the ghost are moving. I'll have to do that sometime. It wouldn't be difficult to add, but I think it'd improve the look, and I'd feel like I had some, eh, "closure" on the title screen.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 3