IGNORED

Another run of CNC aluminium Space Invader wall sets...

Crazy Climber

Hello

Doing another run of CNC cut composite aluminium Space Invader wall sets if anyone is interested. These are pretty high quality material ($6 per square foot) but I get to use the scrap left over from jobs for personal projects. Price is $55 shipped anywhere in the US for the complete 25 piece set! I also like trades (sega, nes, 2600, 7800, INTV, coleco, etc..) Let me know if you have any questions, the only color I have available is bright metallic silver/pewter (shown in the majority of the pics) I attached some pics of other people who have purchased them below to better describe what they are. Thanks!! post-9102-0-03388400-1335464363_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-26597800-1335464369_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-77991400-1335464377_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-39294000-1335464384_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-68263600-1335464390_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-75111200-1335464399_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-91681900-1335464406_thumb.jpgpost-9102-0-06107500-1335464415_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-58551600-1335464421_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-27560200-1335464434_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-86409700-1335464441_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crazy Climber
  • Like 1

That's cool you're still doing these and really like the different motifs some people have done with theirs! Especially the entire SI playfield behind someones drum kit! lol

Ones I bought are scattered about the house. Some by my SI machine, some in the console game room, some in the basement hallway, etc.

That's cool you're still doing these and really like the different motifs some people have done with theirs! Especially the entire SI playfield behind someones drum kit! lol

Ones I bought are scattered about the house. Some by my SI machine, some in the console game room, some in the basement hallway, etc.

Thanks man!

Yeah, here is my favorite one so far...

Love the lights/etc he uses :)

• Like 1

These are totally awesome!

Question: How to mount these to wall? I'm thinking 2-sided sticky foam tape (3M-type stuff) or stick-on velcro.

Big vote of confidence for Crazy Climber!!!!

Hoping for an "Adventure-inspired" set next, with the blocks and dragons from that 2600 game. While this would require a few colors, they'd be standardized to the dragons (etc) and if he was to pre-order, could possibly size this out. I think this would be a real hit with the retro-Atari community, and the square shapes of the "Aventure" characters would lend themselves nicely to this kind of metal cutting.

???

Question: How to mount these to wall? I'm thinking 2-sided sticky foam tape (3M-type stuff) or stick-on velcro.

Yep, works like a charm on drywall anyway. Haven't tried it yet, but seems to me if you were to try to remove them from the wall, you'd make a total mess - that's how strong the double-sided foam tape is. ;)

I need to buy a full set to complement my original ones! :) Perhaps tomorrow, since it's payday.... :ponder: :D

Always down for trades if your light on cash ;)

I do need another atari 2600 lampshade.....?

These are totally awesome!

Big vote of confidence for Crazy Climber!!!!

Hoping for an "Adventure-inspired" set next, with the blocks and dragons from that 2600 game. While this would require a few colors, they'd be standardized to the dragons (etc) and if he was to pre-order, could possibly size this out. I think this would be a real hit with the retro-Atari community, and the square shapes of the "Aventure" characters would lend themselves nicely to this kind of metal cutting.

???

Thanks man!

Yeah, 3M double sided tape is the way to go but as save2600 said, it's a messy removal, make sure you have them where you want them :)

Hmmmm....Adventure....I think that is very possible. Berzerk wall sets are up next but I'll start drafting up an Adventure set and see how it looks :)

Yep, works like a charm on drywall anyway. Haven't tried it yet, but seems to me if you were to try to remove them from the wall, you'd make a total mess - that's how strong the double-sided foam tape is. ;)

Yeah, gutting my basement right now and had to remove some...yes, it is a messy removal from drywall. That tape is STRONG!!

Very cool!

Thanks man!

I would highly recommend getting a set, Crazy Climber makes an excellent product!

Thanks man!

Still waiting on a pic of these next to that awesome Jurrasic park pinball machine! Have you got system failure yet? Very cool pin :)

That's a great deal!

What exactly is "composite aluminum"?

It's basically aluminium on both sides with a composite center, makes them a lot lighter and the material is easier to work with. Here are the buildings we make with it...

www.cncmetalcraft.com

I get to use the scrap for projects, the material is expensive as hell in sheet form, but it misc scrap pieces is only worth about 4 cents per pound. The reason is because nobody has found a practical way to seperate the composite and alumium from the scrap so it can be re-used (with the exception of China, they have slightly different regulations than us, they can burn anything, lol) Germany is working on a chemical seperation method but nothing solid yet so for the time being I get to use it for cool stuff like Invader wall sets :)

Hmm... Once I get my game room situated I may get a set of these. I have some blank walls to cover. I wonder if they'd look good on white concrete?

I have yet to see a set on concrete :) I am sure it would look awesome and have a "modern industrial" kind of look but I think the issue would be more with mounting them. Does anyone know if the 3M double stick tape will adhere to concrete? I am actually working on an area of my basement right now with a concrete wall, maybe I'll try slapping one up there and see what happens :)

For anyone looking to buy these Invaders they are crazy cool. I bought a few a year ago and then 3 months ago bought a whole set.....very clean cut and they look sweet. I have them mounted under wall to wall ceiling cubicle shelves and on a spackled ceiling in my gameroom .....held on by industrial strength velco and they haven't moved an inch. I even use them on my bar with a coaster pad underneath for drink holders.....way cool....

For anyone looking to buy these Invaders they are crazy cool. I bought a few a year ago and then 3 months ago bought a whole set.....very clean cut and they look sweet. I have them mounted under wall to wall ceiling cubicle shelves and on a spackled ceiling in my gameroom .....held on by industrial strength velco and they haven't moved an inch. I even use them on my bar with a coaster pad underneath for drink holders.....way cool....

Oh man, that sounds awesome! You have to post a pic of that set up :)

Already got mine ordered and can't wait!

On a related topic, has anyone that's already gotten theirs installed, how well does a typical paint adhere to these? I've got some glow in the dark spray paint that I'm thinking would make these look awesome when paired with a backlight in my movie/game room.

Edited by gzsfrk