IGNORED

Building a secret gaming room...

• 7 months later...

Seriously??????????? 2 words.....tongue and cheek! I showed this to my wife and she laughed hard, sighed and said "sounds like something you would do" .

I really cant believe the amount of people who have droned on about ruined relationships and things on here. I thought this was a cracking post. And the funniest thing was all the very sad nut jobs trying to put it down.

Please for the sake of your own sanity, get over it and get out more.

Brilliant idea. Well humoured and might I add this guy has a NORMAL partner.

(I shouldn't post this, but I have this stupid need to try and make everyone see both sides of an issue. This is really going to sound like lecturing, but I'm attempting to add some balance. Also, I wish the room had fulfilled its intended purpose, and I'll just imagine you in it doing bong hits while playing Japanese imports anyway.)

Actually there are some really interesting points of view in this thread. I'm not a counselor, but I act like one on the message boards, so I'm qualified to tell you that you all get upset when someone has different marriage standards than you because each and every one of us who is married (male or female) has been in some situation where we've had to make a personal adjustment for the survival of the relationship. That adjustment was worth it to you because you wanted your marriage to survive. You learned from that; it changed you; and you want desperately to share what you learned with other people.

You are simply going to have to accept that those compromises and adjustments have led different people to different places. CC explains that he and his wife don't share details about specific expenses. That isn't how it works for me, but how the fnck do I know what is best for him and his wife? Obviously he understands his wife's feelings about this issue and it isn't going to end his marriage or he wouldn't do it. He doesn't need wary advice about how "lies will ruin his marriage."

On the other hand, others of you may have had to make adjustments that favor complete honesty about expenses or other issues because that is what makes your marriage work. I don't really think that means you are any more or less of a man. You are just doing what needs to be done to survive in an intimate relationship with the specific person you've chosen to be with.

And yes, I chose the word "survive" on purpose not because my marriage is a horrible cesspool where life can barely exist. I chose it because when you really share your life with someone at some point you will be faced with a real situation where you question your emotional, spiritual, mental, or physical survival. How you come out of that is what truly forms your marriage.

Seriously??????????? 2 words.....tongue and cheek! I showed this to my wife and she laughed hard, sighed and said "sounds like something you would do" .

I really cant believe the amount of people who have droned on about ruined relationships and things on here. I thought this was a cracking post. And the funniest thing was all the very sad nut jobs trying to put it down.

Please for the sake of your own sanity, get over it and get out more.

Brilliant idea. Well humoured and might I add this guy has a NORMAL partner.

BTW, this is a very unusual first post. Welcome to the boards married guy who is able to spot a tongue in cheek comment. (Which is actually 3 words replacing "and" with "in")

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/04/sega-master-system-sofa/

What you see above is not available for purchase anywhere though, as it is the creation of French video game blogger Subby-kun and his wife Subbinette. Gotta love the way the pillows were specially made to resemble controllers, complete with raised buttons and all. The Sega Master System is dead, long live the Sega Master System!

doesn't mean they can't have others made I suppose