IGNORED

Coleco Adam Big Dog Combo set - What do you guys think?

playazclub

Once again, thanks for sharing all the pics and when you're ready to sell........ :grin:

If I ever do sell, you all will get first dibs (but I will probably never sell :P )

Indeed, some items in one's personal collection should be priceless to the owner and this little gem would certainly count as one... especially when there is a good story attached to it as far as how one was able to acquire it.

CHEERS!

Once again, thanks for sharing all the pics and when you're ready to sell........ :grin:

If I ever do sell, you all will get first dibs (but I will probably never sell :P )

Sure, I don't blame you for not wanting to sell, that's in awsome shape and quite rare.

However, you could also use the funds from selling it to fill holes in your collection. What would you rather have -- something you can use and play and love or just something to stare at each day and never touch? :)

I defentily could see a bidding war for this on EBay if you put it on there. Wouldn't shock me if it cleared $600.

However, you could also use the funds from selling it to fill holes in your collection. What would you rather have -- something you can use and play and love or just something to stare at each day and never touch? :)

I defentily could see a bidding war for this on EBay if you put it on there. Wouldn't shock me if it cleared $600.

I've come across alot of unbelievable stuff in my years of collecting and while completing a collection is a goal, the most fun is finding something in the wild like this and having people want it because it's so rare.

$600 is chump change compared to that joy. For now, I'll bask in the Adam's glory. :-D

• Like 1

$600 is chump change compared to that joy. For now, I'll bask in the Adam's glory. :-D

Hear, Hear! Once you go ADAM, it's hard to go back. :thumbsup:

SoulBlazer is correct though about something like this ever showing up on eBay... that $400 guesstimate of mine would probably get blown out of the water by a bidding war.

BTW, 3.8 million Internet users have used "Hear, Hear", 1.7 million have used "Here, Here", and about 400,000 have used "Here, Hear" or "Hear, Here". Just wanted to make that bit of information available before PixelBoy can call me out again. :twisted:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ah ha! I feel somewhat vindicated now, because I was FOR SURE that such a package existed!

Back when the ADAM was originally sold, one of our family friends bought one from a local store that sold them. He bought it and he and my dad set about to set it up the first time at our house (my dad was the local computer guru then). We found that it wasn't the standalone version, but one including the CV, just as this one was, in a box similar to the Expansion Module #3 box. He ended up boxing it back up and taking it back to the store and getting the standalone ADAM version the same day and that was that.

That's a great find. Trying to sell that beast would kill you with shipping and trying to pack it up. It would be something to sell pick-up or drive it to a convention or meet and sell/auction it. It looks great sitting on the shelf. There can't be any bigger system-in-box in classic gaming history (all videogame history for that matter). Is there? I picked up a blue box once at a flea market, this one looks even bigger? The red box set-up is such an odd combination: a Colecovision with the Exp. #3 and all the computer items. Who would ever want that? That's why it is rare and they were most likely trying to get rid of inventory. If you had a Colecovision, you'd get the expansion module alone. If you wanted a computer, you'd buy the computer with the bonus of playing Colecovision games with a/v. This is a crazy monster :-).

One of these Exp. Mod. #3 ADAM Systems with CV sold yesterday on eBay for $750 BIN !!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1809450479221?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180945047922&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Am i reading that right that it lasted 15 minutes. Anybody here the buyer?

Yeah, it went pretty quick, but I was surprised to see that over 10 people (per the Hit Counter) passed up on this very rare gem even at the BIN price that it was listed at.

One of these Exp. Mod. #3 ADAM Systems with CV sold yesterday on eBay for $750 BIN !!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1809450479221?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180945047922&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yeah, it went pretty quick, but I was surprised to see that over 10 people (per the Hit Counter) passed up on this very rare gem even at the BIN price that it was listed at.

Well, 2 things come to mind - was 10 the count when you first posted it here because right now I see 13 so everyone that has seen your link adds to the counter. Also, $750 is a tough thing to justify sometimes. If it were me, not knowing the rarity, I'd probably pass on it too. Good news, we do have a base value but I have a feeling $750 buy it now was a mistake - They should have priced higher. Alas, $25 is a much better price :-D

Well, 2 things come to mind - was 10 the count when you first posted it here because right now I see 13 so everyone that has seen your link adds to the counter. Also, $750 is a tough thing to justify sometimes. If it were me, not knowing the rarity, I'd probably pass on it too. Good news, we do have a base value but I have a feeling $750 buy it now was a mistake - They should have priced higher. Alas, $25 is a much better price :-D

Indeed 13, that's why I said "over 10 people"... I guess I should have put down the exact number on the hit counter. :D Once a prospective buyer hit the BIN button and paid the amount, the auction would have ended and the hit counter would stop tallying views.

I'd actually like to see one show up as a standard 5 or 7 day auction starting at $0.99 and see where it would end up.

Seeing that one went for $750 that quick I would say over a grand depending on who is looking for those 7 days. Someone doesn't pull the trigger that fast on that much money unless they where willing to pay a lot more for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like there are more of these out there:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1608778469441?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160877846944&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

You'll see one still in the shipping box if you go through all the pictures (unless this happens to be playazclub's auction, but from the look of the bookcase I don't think it is).