Can't get VbB working under Ubuntu 12.04

4 replies to this topic

#1 Lodmot OFFLINE  

Lodmot

Chopper Commander

• 230 posts

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:10 PM

Hi.

As some of you probably remember, I recently re-did my laptop, and installed Ubuntu 12.04 on it.
This time around, I wanted to try installing VisualbB so that it would run directly under Linux, rather
than using a virtual Windows machine like I had been doing all along. I looked at the old topic from early 2011
that batari started about getting it to work under Linux. I installed the complete package of mono, and
the other mono-vbnc package. So far, I have gotten it to the point where the ImgtoCode utility works perfectly,
but VisualbB will not. It says it needs libgluezilla in order to work, but I can't find it in the Synaptics Package Manager.

Has anyone else had any luck getting this to work? Or is it just a matter of time, because I understand 12.04 just
came out, so not a whole lot of threads probably exist about it yet.

Thanks. ^^

#2 jwierer OFFLINE  

jwierer

Dragonstomper

• 890 posts

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:36 PM

Good luck with that. Some of the libraries are native and not .NET. I am not sure if those will ever work under Linux, but if you do let me know as I'd love to document what you did.

-Jeff

#3 esplonky OFFLINE  

esplonky

Moonsweeper

• 436 posts
  • Kinetic, Not synthetic.

Posted Thu May 3, 2012 10:15 AM

Ubuntu < Fedora

#4 Lodmot OFFLINE  

Lodmot

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 230 posts

Posted Thu May 3, 2012 10:26 AM

Ubuntu < Fedora

Perhaps. I've never tried Fedora before, so I'm not going to agree or disagree. But I've got everything set up the way I like it, and I like the new improvements to the Unity bar, so I was hoping not to switch operating systems..

#5 theloon OFFLINE  

theloon

Quadrunner

• 8,058 posts

Posted Thu May 3, 2012 11:51 AM

I'd go the WINE route. It's not emulating a Windows box. WINE just runs VisualbB and takes care of all those pesky API calls. Of course, you WILL have to install the .NUT framework under WINE before VisualbB.

Edited by theloon, Thu May 3, 2012 11:53 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users