Photo

Playing Vintage Games On Modern TVs

3 replies to this topic

#1 PeculiarSatyr OFFLINE  

PeculiarSatyr

Chopper Commander

• 167 posts

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:21 AM

So I'm thinking its nearing the time for me to move up to a modern TV. I'm sure I'll keep a CRT around but I'd like to be able to play my vintage games on a big TV.

I'm sure people here do this and I'm curious how other people approached the problem. I was thinking of picking up an AV receiver that has S-video inputs? Anyone have any specific receiver that they want to boast about? Anyone got an AV receiver that upscales S-video to HDMI output? Does that work? School me

Any other solutions to the problem?

#2 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

River Patroller

• 4,131 posts
  • Meat is the new bread.

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:43 PM

I just use one of these -- works like a charm between my Atari 7800 and Sony Bravia HDTV....
Posted Image

#3 Rex Dart OFFLINE  

Rex Dart

Quadrunner

• 6,248 posts
  • NO CASH VALUE

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 PM

AV receiver is probably a good idea, though I can't recommend any particular type. Hopefully you'll at least be able to feed a composite video signal from the system to the TV.

And sometimes, your best bet will be emulation.

#4 PeculiarSatyr OFFLINE  

PeculiarSatyr

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 167 posts

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:54 PM

AV receiver is probably a good idea, though I can't recommend any particular type. Hopefully you'll at least be able to feed a composite video signal from the system to the TV.

And sometimes, your best bet will be emulation.

I love original hardware. Will probably pick up an AV receiver. Onkyo makes a few with several S-video and composite inputs.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users