IGNORED

A seller on Amazon offering mint condition 2600 "Vader" for only $67.99

Fygar13

If anyone is interested in getting a 2600 Vader system, check out this deal from Amazon seller ATGoTech:

The following is the seller's description:

"AMAZING BUNDLE! MINT CONDITION VADER SYSTEM LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE IN THE PICTURE. ALSO INCLUDES 2 MINT CONDITION ORIGINAL ATARI CONTROLLERS, 10 RANDOM GAMES, POWER ADAPTER AND MODERN AV ADAPTER. THIS IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO START PLAYING TODAY! YOU WILL NOT FIND A NICER ATARI OUT THERE. THIS THING LOOKS LIKE NEW STILL. FASTEST SHIPPING! THANKS!"

The price: $67.99 + $3.96 shipping. For a mint condition system that comes with all of that, it's a steal IMHO.

Click here to go directly to the item.

The games would make or break a good deal from the buyer POV, the fact the titles aren't listed seems to indicate they're not anything significant.

You're right about the games: they may be common titles that are easy to find, nothing rare. But how often can you find a mint condition Vader for that price?

The OP probably has good intentions. So thumbs up for that.

But for the seller to not show the *actual* picture of the item ... skeptical if it's mint. "Mint " means brand new condition. No scratches or dings, 100% functional, no dust or grease anywhere. And the point about the games has already been made with other responses.

The games would make or break a good deal from the buyer POV, the fact the titles aren't listed seems to indicate they're not anything significant.

You're right about the games: they may be common titles that are easy to find, nothing rare. But how often can you find a mint condition Vader for that price?

His title does say Mint condition, but under what he selected it is acceptable? Anyway, in the collector scene two different people can have two totally different ideas of what mint is. To me, if it's not in the box it has no chance of being considered mint. And yes you can find them for even less, especially here on AA.

I'm asking for this topic to be locked because this should have been posted in the Marketplace forum. This is not an offer of mine, but from someone else on Amazon that I thought people here would be interested in.

Don't feel bad Fygar13. I think it's a good deal. In fact I'm thinking of grabbing it up.

I don't get what this guy did to get run off. Seems like he got an atari, was excited, and wanted to join a community of other atari users. Unfortunately, we tend to be pretty good at times at chasing new members away :(

Does anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that 'Frygar13' and 'ATGoTech' are likely the same person? My gut instinct says this guy came on to "talk up" his Amazon sale and when given reasonable responses about price and details, got offended and left. I just don't buy the whole "I swear! This isn't MY sale, it's someone else's! TRUST ME!" routine. :ponder: Perhaps posting for a buddy or something, but nonetheless, my instinct says something was fishy about it.

• Like 3