IGNORED

A seller on Amazon offering mint condition 2600 "Vader" for only $67.99

Fygar13

Does anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that 'Frygar13' and 'ATGoTech' are likely the same person? My gut instinct says this guy came on to "talk up" his Amazon sale and when given reasonable responses about price and details, got offended and left. I just don't buy the whole "I swear! This isn't MY sale, it's someone else's! TRUST ME!" routine. :ponder: Perhaps posting for a buddy or something, but nonetheless, my instinct says something was fishy about it.

I never saw any posts by ATGoTech.

Not on AA, but the seller on Amazon he linked to. However this Frygar character was supposedly from GA and the ATGoTech storefront states things ship from IL, so that might rule that out. I just find it a little strange that out of all the eBay sellers, deals, and whatnot out there, the guy picks an Amazon storefront with a not-reasonably priced console and games to talk about. The post even seems kind of worded like an advertisement as opposed to just a "Hey guys, check out this deal I found" thing.

He also initially tries too hard (IMHO) to defend the sale after a post stating the price isn't good. If he's not interested in it, and doesn't want to buy it himself, why defend it? This guy supposedly didn't have a system and was interested in purchasing one. If it's a 'steal at that price' as claimed, wouldn't he buy it himself, instead of telling everyone else about it? I mean, "where else can you find a mint condition Vader" (HINT: Just about anywhere in the condition that seller has pictured)?

I just don't buy it -- both literally and figuratively! ;) Smells to me like advertising and then sour grapes when people are skeptical.

• Like 2

Yeah, it's quite obvious it was his for sale post. He probably looked up the site thinking, oh look, Atari guys.. they'll buy my system. And like you said Cebus, when people looked at it logically instead of just buying it, he got all pissed off. No one, other than for the reason above, would just leave like that because people bashed an item for sale that wasn't his. The fact he took it so personally kinda proves that.

Edited by DaytonaUSA
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's quite obvious it was his for sale post. He probably looked up the site thinking, oh look, Atari guys.. they'll by my system. And like you said Cebus, when people looked at it logically instead of just buying it, he got all pissed off. No one, other than for the reason above, would just leave like that because people bashed an item for sale that wasn't his. The fact he took it so personally kinda proves that.

Yup, it's the most logical answer. Makes the most sense.

"I didn't ask for this!" "It's a good deal! Please ... please ... SOME ONE BUY IT!!!" wah wah wah wah!

I don't think Fygar13 and AtgoTech are the same people.

'Atgotech' Tyler is 22, and 'Fygar13' has all characteristics of a 13 year old.

No one was attacking him personally, just criticising the deal he linked to. He removed himself from these forums 'for reasons he didn't want to discuss' ?? If he left because he was hurt that people didn't share his opinion, then he needs to harden up a little.

I think criticism of AtgoTech was well deserved, they obviously don't photograph their items but prefer to upload images they have sourced off the net, often incorrect matches to items, depicting boxes when the items are loose, and in some instances the photos are watermarked to other sellers! How can you purchase an item when you don't know what it is exactly that you are going to receive?

I spend a lot of money at Amazon, it's my preferred place to shop. I have had Amazon Prime for several years now and nothing beats it. Brick and mortar stores are a joke.

Having said that, 99% of what I buy on Amazon is bought from Amazon direct or is something Amazon is handling the sale on. Very rarely do I buy from 'third-parties" on Amazon. If I do, it is typically something I feel is a safe buy, not something I require a picture of. There is no way I am buying any collectors items or electronics through "third-parties" on Amazon, period. I highly suggest that others do not as well.

• Like 1

I spend a lot of money at Amazon, it's my preferred place to shop. I have had Amazon Prime for several years now and nothing beats it. Brick and mortar stores are a joke.

Having said that, 99% of what I buy on Amazon is bought from Amazon direct or is something Amazon is handling the sale on. Very rarely do I buy from 'third-parties" on Amazon. If I do, it is typically something I feel is a safe buy, not something I require a picture of. There is no way I am buying any collectors items or electronics through "third-parties" on Amazon, period. I highly suggest that others do not as well.

Then you clearly have not bought anything from me, Sir. ;)

Check out my feedback on Amazon.

I sell collector's items, electronics, video games, books, and music on it all the time.

I'm not sure I have business with you brother, are you? But I will not buy electronics or a pricey collectible based upon a written description, just isn't happening.

If buy old books regarding military equipment from the Cold War and VHS tapes on the same topic from "third-parties" all the time on Amazon. But more times then not, Amazon "third-party" sellers ask insanely high prices on items that are way out of the norm.

To each their own though, each individual is entitled to spend their own hard-earned money as they see fit. Some people choose to make informed decisions that minimize risk and others do not. Hence why P.T. Barnum's immortal words will ring true for eternity.

General Chat, yes it should be.

I generally wouldnt buy any games from Amazon, but i recieved a Gift card for Christmas, I browsed and browsed , I found a game for the 2600, I didnt have and bought it. It had no pics, Montazumas revenge, I want to say it was $20. Listed as in Good condition. To my absolute surprise it came and was sealed NIB. I really couldnt believe it. it was Mint! I won the Amazon sweepstakes in my mind. I probably wont buy anything else(for the 2600) on Amazon, but I made out!

• Like 1

General Chat, yes it should be.

I generally wouldnt buy any games from Amazon, but i recieved a Gift card for Christmas, I browsed and browsed , I found a game for the 2600, I didnt have and bought it. It had no pics, Montazumas revenge, I want to say it was $20. Listed as in Good condition. To my absolute surprise it came and was sealed NIB. I really couldnt believe it. it was Mint! I won the Amazon sweepstakes in my mind. I probably wont buy anything else(for the 2600) on Amazon, but I made out!

You were truly blessed on that transaction brother

No, I don't think we have done business. I was just saying that I'm a very honest seller who gives detailed descrptions of the items and sells electronics, games, and so on all the time on there, and I'd like to think my 99 percent feedback rating speaks for itself. :)

I always makes sure my listing is the cheapest on there for that condition grade also, even if just by a few cents.

And I buy on Amazon all the time also. Just yesterday I purchased a new copy of Mass Effect 3 for the 360 from a third party seller, total of $41 which includes shipping.

name='RedRaider' timestamp='1336160224' post='2515297']

To each their own though, each individual is entitled to spend their own hard-earned money as they see fit. Some people choose to make informed decisions that minimize risk and others do not. Hence why P.T. Barnum's immortal words will ring true for eternity.[/b]

Don't forget, there are often many ways of being correct. You would likely cringe at one of my eBay buying strategies; I actually seek out items from sellers with low / no feedback. After watching sale prices for years, I have seen the drastic difference in what a live auction from an unestablished seller goes for and get some fantastic deals when people say there are no deals left on eBay. I have only gotten truly boned one time and it was easy for me to shrug off, knowing it was to be expected. In the meantime, many hundreds have been saved, so if some jackass from Tampa never sent my $12 action figure, big whoop.

Edited by Chuck D. Head

name='RedRaider' timestamp='1336160224' post='2515297']

To each their own though, each individual is entitled to spend their own hard-earned money as they see fit. Some people choose to make informed decisions that minimize risk and others do not. Hence why P.T. Barnum's immortal words will ring true for eternity.[/b]

Don't forget, there are often many ways of being correct. You would likely cringe at one of my eBay buying strategies; I actually seek out items from sellers with low / no feedback. After watching sale prices for years, I have seen the drastic difference in what a live auction from an unestablished seller goes for and get some fantastic deals when people say there are no deals left on eBay. I have only gotten truly boned one time and it was easy for me to shrug off, knowing it was to be expected. In the meantime, many hundreds have been saved, so if some jackass from Tampa never sent my $12 action figure, big whoop.

I have done exactly the same . Bidding on something from a zero feedback(or low) seller you get a big disc. Of course it is more of a risk. I have done this many times

Edited by atari181