DeLeo's Pizza/Arcade, Woodbury/Oakdale MN

83 replies to this topic

#76 RJ OFFLINE  

RJ

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,778 posts

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:16 PM

Galaga gone. Arkanoid in the back room w/ Centipede. SW Ep I pinball out front next to new Blasteroids. Theater of Magic is the 3rd pin.

#77 RJ OFFLINE  

RJ

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,778 posts

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:34 PM

A couple preteen boys were there w/ their dad. One of the boys checked out Blasteroids & reported back to his dad "it's the sequel to Asteroids!" I corrected him "no, that's Deluxe. This came out in '87 or '88." The kid looked at me like "how dare you speak to me!"

Had to educate him, just doing my job.

#78 RJ OFFLINE  

RJ

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,778 posts

Posted Tue May 19, 2015 1:29 PM

A sad note, tomorrow is DeLeo's final day open, closing at 2pm after a 5 yr run. The games go back to Mendota Valley Amusements. None of the plans/expansion mentioned above was ever realized. Honestly, I hadnt seen the owner the last few visits, & I felt service dropped off.

I spoke to my family about dinner there one last time tonight, but unsure if they'll be able to accomodate us, no longer operating at full scale. My wife was never a fan anyway.

Edited by RJ, Tue May 19, 2015 1:39 PM.

#79 S1500 OFFLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 3,778 posts
  • http://ccg.podomatic.com

Posted Wed May 20, 2015 7:51 AM

Sad. I feel bad only going there twice in my life now. I read on pinside that some Wisconsin operator guy's moving to Minnesota, so there might be a possibility of a pinball hotspot opening. 

#80 roffels OFFLINE  

roffels

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Tue Jun 9, 2015 12:59 AM

Sad. I feel bad only going there twice in my life now. I read on pinside that some Wisconsin operator guy's moving to Minnesota, so there might be a possibility of a pinball hotspot opening. 

Not sure if we're thinking of the same folks.  I know some people looking to do a pinball place around here, but I think they'd like to keep it in Minneapolis where there's a lot of foot traffic.  Till then, we've got Mortimers. 

#81 S1500 OFFLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 3,778 posts
  • http://ccg.podomatic.com

Posted Tue Jun 9, 2015 7:03 AM

Not sure if we're thinking of the same folks.  I know some people looking to do a pinball place around here, but I think they'd like to keep it in Minneapolis where there's a lot of foot traffic.  Till then, we've got Mortimers. 

This is your first post to the thread, so maybe not. :) I look forward to this new pin place, as long as there's available parking. 

#82 david_mn OFFLINE  

david_mn

Star Raider

• 57 posts

Posted Tue Jun 9, 2015 9:53 AM

We were there for the last time a couple of weeks before they closed. I'll miss the place, both for the food and the video games. The garlic knots and cinnamon knots were tasty.

#83 RJ OFFLINE  

RJ

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,778 posts

Posted Tue Jun 9, 2015 4:03 PM

Looks like Papa John's "stole" the garlic knots idea.

#84 roffels OFFLINE  

roffels

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Tue Jun 9, 2015 5:23 PM

This is your first post to the thread, so maybe not. :) I look forward to this new pin place, as long as there's available parking. 

I'm a bit more plugged into the pinball scene than I am retro videogames around here. 

New pinball place is more a "Wouldn't it be nice?" thing than a definite plan at this time.  Parking?  Probably not.  I live around a few good locations which I can fortunately just walk to. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users