DISTRO Magazine Engadget Retrospective James Trew

2 replies to this topic

#1 atari2atari OFFLINE  

atari2atari

Dragonstomper

• 531 posts
  • Spoken, not slurred.

Posted Fri May 4, 2012 11:25 PM

Ah, well, THIS is a nice read for the weekend - - an(other) ATARI retrospective!

Published by ENGADGET, the magazine is called "Distro" and this is Issue 39, published May 4th, 2012.

The feature article is called "ATARI Icon - Tracing the Cultural Impact of a Gaming Heavyweight" by James Trew

I've cropped out the pages from the issue that I liked :) (there was a LOT of non-ATARI fluff!) and attached it in PDF format, but you can also grab the FULL issue in PDF format (which has some camera reviews and other gadgety things in it), or it is also available in a variety of formats for your e-device, reader, what-have-you, at this link - -

http://www.engadget....years-of-atari/

You can get a higher resolution version there, too - - I had to downsample this quite a bit to get it to attach!

Attached File  May_04_2012_DISTRO_Magazine_ATARI_pages_medium_quality.pdf   1.62MB   299 downloads

Some snapshots from the issue and the article - -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy!

-atari2atari

#2 tremoloman2006 OFFLINE  

tremoloman2006

Stargunner

• 1,664 posts

Posted Sat May 5, 2012 12:04 AM

Thank you for posting this! I can't wait to read this tomorrow!

#3 AtariNerd OFFLINE  

AtariNerd

Dragonstomper

• 767 posts
  • Cool Atari project? Take my money, take it!

Posted Sat May 5, 2012 12:10 AM

That was pretty nice, actually. Had an angle or two I hadn't really heard too much about in other recent articles, like the serendipitous effect of the inclusion of MIDI ports on the ST and the subsequrent influence on the "bedroom music scene" ;) :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DISTRO Magazine, Engadget, Retrospective, James Trew

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users