Photo

Who the hell is doing this?

78 replies to this topic

#51 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• 2,006 posts

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 7:11 PM

I had just PMed PacmanPlus. I am so sorry. I did not mean any harm. He was very kind to send me some items when I was out of my house for the flood, but the 7800 did not function and I was never able to get it to function, so the games sat here unused. I still need a bed for my girls (that was lost in the flood too) and my wife suggested I try to sell some things around the house. I was not using the games, and figured that these would be better served elsewhere...and make some money for the bed of course. I did not realize this was an *unreleased* title. I am removing it now from ebay. I am very sorry for any trouble caused.

Just my 2 cents, if your daughters don't have a bed, leave it on eBay. Your kids are more important than anything else. I don't know you, but if you are telling the truth, oh fucking well! Take care of your family first, don't worry about what people on AA say.

#52 save2600 ONLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 7,785 posts

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 7:11 PM

Bed, bike - whatever! :lol: On a serious note, best of luck eightbit!

#53 Grig OFFLINE  

Grig

Stargunner

• 1,930 posts
  • Laugh while you can, monkey boy!

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 7:12 PM

EIGHTBIT TURNED ME INTO A NEWT!

Did you get better?

#54 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

Stargunner

• 1,389 posts

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 7:17 PM

I had just PMed PacmanPlus. I am so sorry. I did not mean any harm. He was very kind to send me some items when I was out of my house for the flood, but the 7800 did not function and I was never able to get it to function, so the games sat here unused. I still need a bed for my girls (that was lost in the flood too) and my wife suggested I try to sell some things around the house. I was not using the games, and figured that these would be better served elsewhere...and make some money for the bed of course. I did not realize this was an *unreleased* title. I am removing it now from ebay. I am very sorry for any trouble caused.

Just my 2 cents, if your daughters don't have a bed, leave it on eBay. Your kids are more important than anything else. I don't know you, but if you are telling the truth, oh fucking well! Take care of your family first, don't worry about what people on AA say.

No, the other things I have on there are going ok. I need $800 for a bunk bed...and to get them off of an air mattress. My wife and I are STILL on an air mattress ourselves. Who thought a flood back in August would take so long for us to recover. Even still, I am not (and never will be) about hurting people who have helped me, such as PacmanPlus. I am sorry my friend...if I were aware of the circumstances of that cart it would never have seen the light of day in an auction at all.

#55 Zonie OFFLINE  

Zonie

Stargunner

• 1,157 posts

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 7:18 PM

Is this a copy of the actual one Bob gave away?

Sure, he's free to sell what he bought from Bob, but not produce copies.

Probably Bob should encode some specific data for each advance copy he gives out, eh? Little digital signature.

looks like the seller pulled the auction.

I'd love to get one of those releases for free... One to keep.

:( That sucks. Although opinions are divided and certain members condone this type of behavior due to free market, I still say it's a low thing to do for anything homebrew that wasn't either a general release or is being reproductively pirated.

#56 PacManPlus OFFLINE  

PacManPlus

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,055 posts
  • Atari 7800 Dev

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 7:47 PM

Dude - hold on.

Like atari181 said, by all means leave it on eBay. Your family is infinitely more important than anything that goes on here. I wish I had known this first... and that you let me know that the 7800 was still not working. :(
I am sorry about this - I remember now that I had sent you a bunch of games of mine trying to help you get a collection back. I didn't even look at which ones they were.

Please - leave it there. Basically all this did was force me to make more, which could be viewed as a 'bright side'.
I guess I should believe in people more. I tend to take the cynical side first.

I apologize.
Bob

#57 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

Stargunner

• 1,389 posts

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 7:58 PM

Dude - hold on.

Like atari181 said, by all means leave it on eBay. Your family is infinitely more important than anything that goes on here. I wish I had known this first... and that you let me know that the 7800 was still not working. :(
I am sorry about this - I remember now that I had sent you a bunch of games of mine trying to help you get a collection back. I didn't even look at which ones they were.

Please - leave it there. Basically all this did was force me to make more, which could be viewed as a 'bright side'.
I guess I should believe in people more. I tend to take the cynical side first.

I apologize.
Bob

I really wish I had known man. There was a bunch of game you sent me (even those controllers and berzerk/space war) and I really had NO idea that this one title was something special. I removed it already, but I will relist it ONLY if it sits right with you. I completely and utterly respect the devs, and do not want to do any wrongdoing to anyone.

#58 PacManPlus OFFLINE  

PacManPlus

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,055 posts
  • Atari 7800 Dev

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 8:00 PM

Yes. Absolutely. Get what you can for it... hopefully it will help your situation.

#59 ham OFFLINE  

ham

Star Raider

• 99 posts

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 8:00 PM

I hope everything works out for you and your family, 8bit. I'm glad this thread had a happy ending.

#60 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• 2,006 posts

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 8:04 PM

I don't know what the game was up to when you pulled it, but I'll put a $50 bid on it if you relist it.

#61 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

Stargunner

• 1,389 posts

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 8:04 PM

Yes. Absolutely. Get what you can for it... hopefully it will help your situation.

Thank you my friend. It has been relisted, now properly with your OK. Thanks so much for helping us out!

#62 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• 2,006 posts

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 8:06 PM

Bid is in, good luck on the auctions and making enough so that you can take care of what is needed for your family.

#63 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

Stargunner

• 1,389 posts

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 8:10 PM

Bid is in, good luck on the auctions and making enough so that you can take care of what is needed for your family.

Thanks! I'll be happy just to get this bed. Other things come easy (I was able to get a kitchen table for free, the apartment came with fridge and microwave, and a cheap $40 TV around the corner at a yard sale), but beds seem to be the hurdle.

#64 SoulBlazer OFFLINE  

SoulBlazer

River Patroller

• 3,625 posts

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 10:26 PM

It's too bad you're probaly so far away -- I have a complete and very nice double bed frame sitting in the basement, just need a mattress for it.

Anyway, best of luck for your sale!

#65 Shawn Sr. OFFLINE  

Shawn Sr.

Capt. Kirk Says...

• 12,679 posts

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 10:27 PM

No, the other things I have on there are going ok. I need $800 for a bunk bed...and to get them off of an air mattress. My wife and I are STILL on an air mattress ourselves. Who thought a flood back in August would take so long for us to recover. Even still, I am not (and never will be) about hurting people who have helped me, such as PacmanPlus. I am sorry my friend...if I were aware of the circumstances of that cart it would never have seen the light of day in an auction at all.

If your children don't even have a bed then why in the fuck did you go spending over $200 on a PS3 just 2 weeks ago?

#66 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 24,321 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 10:34 PM

If your children don't even have a bed then why in the fuck did you go spending over $200 on a PS3 just 2 weeks ago?

Don't be silly. Witches can turn PS3s into bunk beds.

#67 HatNJ OFFLINE  

HatNJ

Stargunner

• 1,379 posts
  • When Im on Im on when Im off Im WAY off

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 11:48 PM

Damn I didnt even make that connection til now As a fellow NJ If I had the money I would have bid but I have to say if you needed $ 800 for a while for your kids beds maybe you should not have bought a PS3 for what equals 25% of 800

(or at least not said anything)

#68 BadHornet OFFLINE  

BadHornet

Moonsweeper

• 353 posts

Posted Mon May 7, 2012 11:59 PM

Hold on, I have to pop some popcorn...this is getting good

#69 raskar42 OFFLINE  

raskar42

River Patroller

• 2,941 posts

Posted Tue May 8, 2012 12:23 AM

so are we weighing the duck or not?

#70 ham OFFLINE  

ham

Star Raider

• 99 posts

Posted Tue May 8, 2012 12:26 AM

Holy crap, you're right!!!

wow, this tread has more twists and turns than an M. Night Shyamalan movie

#71 sh3-rg OFFLINE  

sh3-rg

River Patroller

• 2,029 posts
  • /|\

Posted Tue May 8, 2012 1:06 AM

Maybe he's doing what I used to do when cash was tight - buy something for a friend and pay with my credit card, take the cash, then effectively have an interest-free mini loan for up to 60 days? Or maybe he just likes ps3 more than a good night's sleep :D

#72 Armonigann OFFLINE  

Armonigann

Dragonstomper

• 942 posts

Posted Tue May 8, 2012 4:23 AM

I'm just gonna sit back, smoke my crack pipe, and sleep out in the cold...

#73 pangasinan OFFLINE  

pangasinan

River Patroller

• 3,168 posts

Posted Tue May 8, 2012 4:37 AM

I'm just gonna sit back, smoke my crack pipe, and sleep out in the cold...

Hey you should get that pipe fixed.

#74 accousticguitar OFFLINE  

accousticguitar

Quadrunner

• 5,684 posts
  • Sherlock made it to 15 before he left us.

Posted Tue May 8, 2012 5:38 AM

Shouldn't it be possible to buy bunk beds for way less than that on Craigslist or something?

#75 jetset OFFLINE  

jetset

Quadrunner

• 11,151 posts

Posted Tue May 8, 2012 5:54 AM

Shouldn't it be possible to buy bunk beds for way less than that on Craigslist or something?

Apart from underwear, beds are the last thing you'd want to buy used. Maybe buy the frame, but many times the actual mattress is the expensive part.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users