IGNORED

Darkforce BBS

I don't think the speed is bad at all, considering its a wireless connection.

Well, keep in mind I'm running that natively on my STacy. So that's a 640x400 mono screen. Color doesn't matter.

What you're seeing is ASCI text from the BBS.

I agree ANSITerm and FDT both do better with ANSI emulation. I do happen to like TAZ's VT-52 emulation. Not that

FDT's is bad either. icon_smile.gif

I'm just getting started and I have a CosmosEX mini with and STe.. My goal is to connect to your BBS via a real ST over telnet. What do I need besides a terminal program that like Taz or Connect95? Can I use sting with CosmosEX or do I need to buy more hardware?

I'm just getting started and I have a CosmosEX mini with and STe.. My goal is to connect to your BBS via a real ST over telnet. What do I need besides a terminal program that like Taz or Connect95? Can I use sting with CosmosEX or do I need to buy more hardware?

The CosmosEx has a "beta" sting stack program. You'd have to use that rather than the "regular" sting program. (I think they cover it a bit on the forum).

That said, I haven't had a chance to try it with Connect95/97 (does Taz do native Telnet? I use Taz with a Lantronix box). With the Lantronix box you can use any regular term program.

The CosmosEx has a "beta" sting stack program. You'd have to use that rather than the "regular" sting program. (I think they cover it a bit on the forum).

That said, I haven't had a chance to try it with Connect95/97 (does Taz do native Telnet? I use Taz with a Lantronix box). With the Lantronix box you can use any regular term program.

I can not find any information about how to use it with CosmosEx.. Not sure if Taz does telnet natively either.. That's what I'm trying to figure out is how to connect to a Telnet BBS from a Atari ST.

Well, as a SysOp of another Atari ST BBS... I guess I'm qualified to help you. (I actually do a lot of this, I just haven't specifically tried CosmosEx STing implementation with Connect97 yet). Maybe I'll do that tonight so we can get that information.

Actually, there have been a lot of discussions over on the 8-bit side concerning the Lantronix boxes and other ways to connect to BBSing... almost all of that applies to ST's. Just ignore everything about 850's, P:R: connections, MIO's and all that since the ST already has a serial port.

But I'll walk you through it.

Well, as a SysOp of another Atari ST BBS... I guess I'm qualified to help you. (I actually do a lot of this, I just haven't specifically tried CosmosEx STing implementation with Connect97 yet). Maybe I'll do that tonight so we can get that information.

Actually, there have been a lot of discussions over on the 8-bit side concerning the Lantronix boxes and other ways to connect to BBSing... almost all of that applies to ST's. Just ignore everything about 850's, P:R: connections, MIO's and all that since the ST already has a serial port.

But I'll walk you through it.

That would be awesome!

Most people have a basic setup along the lines of an ST with it's standard serial port,

a Lantronix UDS10 (or variant) and a comms program like TAZ, AnsiTerm, Freeze

Dried Terminal, Flash, Connect95, etc,...

I have a CosmosEx but sadly, have not found the time to install and play with it,

although others have been using them successfully.

So just to apologize... I spent some time tonight trying to get Connect95 to work with the CosmosEx with STing and ...... failed miserably. I couldn't even get Ping to run.

In fact, I haven't really managed to get the CosmosEx to work at all with it's "sting driver".

:(

I'm fairly busy this weekend so I may not really be able to do much more with it, but I'll try.

In the meantime, if you have a null cable and a PC with a serial port, you could use that without any other hardware. Or, I would consider a Lantronix box (I prefer the MSS 100). The benefit of that is you can use any terminal program, or any program that uses the modem, over telnet (the computer doesn't know the difference).

In the near future, I was hoping to play some Falcon over the modem.

• 5 months later...

Tillek, I am in the same boat. SO I am in on this conversation as well.

I have a micro cosmos.. I was to use it to get on the net.

How do I use this CE_STiNG driver? or do I need it? I am connected to the net with the cosmos because I have an IP assigned through wifi and I have download the date and time.

Also seems like Jookie, is busy elsewhere I have seen on Atari-Forum (his official forum) he has not logged on since July.

James

Edited by Bikerbob