Photo

CC3 Finally sold out

96 replies to this topic

#26 revolutionika OFFLINE  

revolutionika

Quadrunner

• 10,917 posts

Posted Thu May 10, 2012 7:39 PM

Cmart, Google images is your friend! I found some weird stuff in my Hello Kitty Tank search.......

#27 revolutionika OFFLINE  

revolutionika

Quadrunner

• 10,917 posts

Posted Thu May 10, 2012 7:39 PM

Dz Jay....sweet wall of code text!

Edited by revolutionika, Thu May 10, 2012 7:40 PM.

#28 83skillz OFFLINE  

83skillz

Space Invader

• 35 posts

Posted Thu May 17, 2012 11:34 AM

I had been thinking of ordering one for a while. When i saw late last month that he was low on stock, i borrowed the money just to get it. Just got it in the mail on Monday!

#29 RedRaider OFFLINE  

RedRaider

Dragonstomper

• 586 posts
  • Wreck'em Tech

Posted Thu May 17, 2012 1:18 PM

I WANT A CC3 !!!!!!!

OH THE HUMANITY !!!!!!!!

#30 HatNJ OFFLINE  

HatNJ

Stargunner

• 1,409 posts
  • When Im on Im on when Im off Im WAY off

Posted Thu May 17, 2012 1:30 PM

Just started back to work and was hoping to place order but now like the CC2 this will skyrocket in price.

Need the Harmony equivalent of the CC2 and 3 to get prices back down to earth.

Sorry Collectors seeking HIGHER paydays for your cuttle carts but someday we will have them

#31 RedRaider OFFLINE  

RedRaider

Dragonstomper

• 586 posts
  • Wreck'em Tech

Posted Thu May 17, 2012 1:43 PM

I can easily afford the price, I was just busy the past few weeks buying Vectrex's, Colecovision and Intellivision stuff, to the tune of several thousand $$$...

#32 HatNJ OFFLINE  

HatNJ

Stargunner

• 1,409 posts
  • When Im on Im on when Im off Im WAY off

Posted Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 PM

I can easily afford the price, I was just busy the past few weeks buying Vectrex's, Colecovision and Intellivision stuff, to the tune of several thousand $$$...

Thats cool some of us have bills mortgages and wives :)

#33 the.golden.ax OFFLINE  

the.golden.ax

Tear down this temple

• 12,424 posts
  • I'll rebuild it in 3 days

Posted Thu May 17, 2012 10:20 PM

...and aren't God's perfection personified on Earth.

~Evil Heathen (a.k.a. AX)

#34 RedRaider OFFLINE  

RedRaider

Dragonstomper

• 586 posts
  • Wreck'em Tech

Posted Fri May 18, 2012 5:31 AM

I got one of the two :D

#35 SoulBlazer OFFLINE  

SoulBlazer

River Patroller

• 4,095 posts

Posted Fri May 18, 2012 2:26 PM

I bet I know which one. :)

The CC3 I ordered should be at my house either today or tommorow.....but it's not for me. It's going over to England for another AA member.

#36 RedRaider OFFLINE  

RedRaider

Dragonstomper

• 586 posts
  • Wreck'em Tech

Posted Fri May 18, 2012 2:35 PM

I bet I know which one. :)

The CC3 I ordered should be at my house either today or tommorow.....but it's not for me. It's going over to England for another AA member.

Come on now.... Why do you have to torment a brother like this???

#37 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

River Patroller

• 4,851 posts

Posted Thu May 24, 2012 6:49 PM

Is there a sequel or alternate product to the CC3 coming out anytime soon? I drug my feet and missed out :-(

#38 Games For Your Intellivision OFFLINE  

Games For Your Intellivision

Stargunner

• 1,717 posts

Posted Thu May 24, 2012 7:56 PM

It is amazing how the CC3 was on sale for years.......people think they have forever to get one.....then it sells out and they are kicking themselves.....

#39 OutlawTorn71 OFFLINE  

OutlawTorn71

Dragonstomper

• 570 posts

Posted Thu May 24, 2012 8:04 PM

It is amazing how the CC3 was on sale for years.......people think they have forever to get one.....then it sells out and they are kicking themselves.....

If you see it..and want it..buy it.. 8)

#40 Games For Your Intellivision OFFLINE  

Stargunner

• 1,717 posts

Posted Thu May 24, 2012 8:21 PM

Exactly......Get your copy of D2K Arcade today...... No need to wait.....the boxes will be available later...

#41 revolutionika OFFLINE  

revolutionika

Quadrunner

• 10,917 posts

Posted Thu May 24, 2012 8:44 PM

Yeah, Maybe think they have forever to buy the DK games....Are they going to be available for a while or are they limited?

#42 jaybird3rd ONLINE  

jaybird3rd

Quadrunner

• 7,067 posts

Posted Thu May 24, 2012 11:06 PM

Jay, since you have experience with PCB's or maybe at least designing them (i think).

How difficult would it be to design a new pcb for a new multicart, maybe even using an sd card. but without directly stealing Chad Schells design?

Does the CC3 pcb 'pre-programmed' with any data/program/info or is it 'off the shelf' parts and the sd card is the brain and what makes it work?

I'm sorry, Rev ... I must have missed this question earlier.

The CC3 is among the more sophisticated multi-carts. It contains a microcontroller with integrated flash memory, and as GroovyBee said earlier, this is the "brain" of the CC3. When you select a cartridge from the menu, it is copied from the SD card into a RAM chip so it can be executed by the Intellivision, with the microcontroller handling the decoding and bankswitching. It's much more complex than the board I designed for the Aquaricart, which simply banks in an ordinary EPROM. I was able to work some "CC3-like" features into my software, but my goal with the hardware was to make it as simple and as inexpensive as possible, and it's quite primitive by comparison.

It's very possible to create a new multi-cart along the same lines as the CC3 or the AtariMax 5200 Ultimate SD cartridge, but it will probably have to be offered at a similar price point, since it would require similar components and a similar design. It took six years for Chad Schell to sell off his initial run of CC3 boards, so anyone with the skills to create such a cartridge would have to go into it knowing that they may not get a return on their investment for several years, and that a large percentage of the (very small) potential market has already been satisfied by the CC3. Whether anyone would be willing to take that risk, I don't know.

#43 Games For Your Intellivision OFFLINE  

Stargunner

• 1,717 posts

Posted Fri May 25, 2012 8:23 AM

Rev, if people don't buy the game, we may go on to publishing for other systems sooner rather than later.

There is no reason to wait if you want to buy the game to play, as the box and overlays will be available separate for no difference in cost from the CIB package.

#44 sqoon OFFLINE  

sqoon

Stargunner

• 1,094 posts

Posted Fri May 25, 2012 12:24 PM

Rev, if people don't buy the game, we may go on to publishing for other systems sooner rather than later.

There is no reason to wait if you want to buy the game to play, as the box and overlays will be available separate for no difference in cost from the CIB package.

Orders have been slow coming for D2K?

#45 Games For Your Intellivision OFFLINE  

Stargunner

• 1,717 posts

Posted Fri May 25, 2012 12:53 PM

Only a fraction of those who reserved a copy came through with an actual order.

#46 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 5,368 posts
  • Ranger Elf: Saviour of Christmas!

Posted Sat May 26, 2012 6:51 AM

I'm waiting for the Collector's Edition.

#47 the.golden.ax OFFLINE  

the.golden.ax

Tear down this temple

• 12,424 posts
  • I'll rebuild it in 3 days

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 10:42 AM

$150 is a big pill to swallow for some folks. Especially if they think they have plenty of time to get it when they are eventually liquid.

#48 Clnilsen OFFLINE  

Clnilsen

Space Invader

• 28 posts

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 6:46 PM

I just decided to see if something like this even existed about a week ago. Talk about bad timing! I'm hoping that I'll get lucky down the road on eBay or the marketplace here. :-(

Also, I totally understand the economics of something like this - I'm hope in kick starter will help down the pad keep projects like this viable.

#49 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

River Patroller

• 4,851 posts

Posted Tue May 29, 2012 4:50 AM

$150 is a big pill to swallow for some folks. Especially if they think they have plenty of time to get it when they are eventually liquid.

I didn't even know that this existed until a few months ago, and $150 was indeed initially a tough pill to swallow. That being said, I still dawdled for a few weeks once I was pretty sure I was willing to "Schell" out the cash :-(

Lesson learned.

With respect to D2K Arcade...I'm also holding out for the Collectors edition. Hopefully it won't sell out before it's released. Would be nice to know a final price, though.

#50 Fushek OFFLINE  

Fushek

Stargunner

• 1,136 posts
  • The saga of the Walking Dead continues soon!

Posted Tue May 29, 2012 7:34 AM

I'm waiting for the Collector's Edition.

Same here ... thought about buying a play and a collect, but I have a wife and can only justify one so waiting for the Collector's Edition.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users