Photo

The Last Story Collectors Edition

14 replies to this topic

#1 Mendon OFFLINE  

Mendon

River Patroller

• 4,878 posts

Posted Wed May 9, 2012 7:52 AM

According to several stories on the web, there is a good chance that publisher XSeed will release a Collectors Edition of The Last Story in North America. Speculation is that it will be like the European version and contain the game, steel bookcase, soundtrack CD and art book.

http://www.nintendow....com/news/30071

I have a pre-order with Amazon on the standard edition but will change it to the CE the moment its official.

Mendon

#2 Mord OFFLINE  

Mord

Stargunner

• 1,768 posts

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:52 AM

According to several stories on the web, there is a good chance that publisher XSeed will release a Collectors Edition of The Last Story in North America. Speculation is that it will be like the European version and contain the game, steel bookcase, soundtrack CD and art book.

http://www.nintendow....com/news/30071

I have a pre-order with Amazon on the standard edition but will change it to the CE the moment its official.

Mendon

I saw it in then Coming Soon shelves at Gamestop today. The box indicates the 16th or so for release. Unsure about collectors editions or not, but if I see one there I'm planning on picking it up so long as I can get a proper sealed copy.

#3 xg4bx OFFLINE  

xg4bx

River Patroller

• 2,799 posts
  • it stinks!

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:09 AM

looking at amazon it seems that the collectors edition is the standard now. it comes with a cd, art book and special case. however at gamestop it seems that all you get is the cd for preordering.

http://www.amazon.co...s2&tag=atariage

last.jpg

#4 cybercylon OFFLINE  

cybercylon

Dragonstomper

• 932 posts

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:33 AM

Yes... Amazon did that with Persona 4. If you preordered, you got a nice soft cover art book. I don't remember GS having that.

#5 Mendon OFFLINE  

Mendon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,878 posts

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:57 AM

I'm just curious if anyone is planning on picking up Last Story?

After all the petitions and demands to bring Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora to North America, I've actually seen very few stories regarding the release of Xenoblade (other than a couple of initial reviews) and almost nothing about the upcoming Last Story. It's almost as if the games have been forgotten.

For myself, I bought Xenoblade and I've got Last Story pre-ordered from Amazon.

Mendon

#6 cimerians OFFLINE  

cimerians

Quadrunner

• 7,970 posts

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:47 PM

After all the petitions and demands to bring Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora to North America, I've actually seen very few stories regarding the release of Xenoblade (other than a couple of initial reviews) and almost nothing about the upcoming Last Story. It's almost as if the games have been forgotten.

Mendon

I...ahem....tried the UK version.

Its in my wishlist on Amazon and I will be ordering an NA copy. See I'm a good kid.

Its slightly overated in my opinion and I know this is going to sound incredibly silly but........its the graphics. It looked pretty awful after months and months of playing Skyrim and Dragons Dogma which have similar battle mechanics. It was a pain to look at at but WOW was it fun to play. It took a little bit of getting used to but the combat system is very fun and engaging. I was hooked for a bit just wanting to get a little further in the story.

I only played for about 20-30 (my version of hooked) minutes but it was a great game for the Wii from what I could tell. I think it will be one of the better RPG's on the Wii and worth the purchase.

Take a look at the bottom scores for this review, as you can tell he sees the same thing I see....crappy graphics and presentation. Awesome gameplay.

http://wii.ign.com/a.../1219299p1.html

If you want to know anything, let me know and I'll fire it up again.

Edited by cimerians, Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:57 PM.

#7 xg4bx OFFLINE  

xg4bx

River Patroller

• 2,799 posts
  • it stinks!

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:30 AM

Mendon

i just ordered xenoblade and i'll end up getting the last story. i usually hate rpgs but they just seem like something different from the standard jrpg fare.

#8 Mendon OFFLINE  

Mendon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,878 posts

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:56 AM

Thanks for all the info, Cimerians!!

I imported just Xenoblade as I was really interested in that game and didn't think it would see release here in the states. I'm keeping my NA release of the game shrinkwrapped as it may be worth some $$$$ one day since it saw such a limited release. But I plan on opening and playing Last Story as it does sound good to me.

Mendon

#9 xg4bx OFFLINE  

xg4bx

River Patroller

• 2,799 posts
  • it stinks!

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:04 PM

got the last story last week and i absolutely love it. it seems like a much nicer mix of east meets west game design than anything i've seen lately. it's action packed, the characters are interesting and the graphics are great. i usually hate jrpgs but xenoblade and the last story are great games.

#10 cybercylon OFFLINE  

cybercylon

Dragonstomper

• 932 posts

Posted Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:03 PM

Just finally picked up my pre-order. It will sit on my self for awhile as I have a long backlog. I wonder if the pre-order version will be worth anything someday.

#11 Mord OFFLINE  

Mord

Stargunner

• 1,768 posts

Posted Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:59 PM

I'm a couple hours into it, and about to go sit back down again to play some more tonight. Not entirely sure how I feel about the battle system just yet, but overall the game is interesting so far. I didn't preorder it so I ended up getting it at Walmart since gamestop only had gutted copies for the unwashed masses.

#12 cimerians OFFLINE  

cimerians

Quadrunner

• 7,970 posts

Posted Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:57 AM

I'm a couple hours into it, and about to go sit back down again to play some more tonight. Not entirely sure how I feel about the battle system just yet, but overall the game is interesting so far. I didn't preorder it so I ended up getting it at Walmart since gamestop only had gutted copies for the unwashed masses.

It takes getting used to and it has its faults but for some reason I like it a lot. I have to agree with the IGN review above. I see some reviewers blast it so this may be a love it or hate it thing.

Personally I just dont like the graphics.

#13 Mendon OFFLINE  

Mendon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,878 posts

Posted Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:57 AM

If anyone is interested, you can still get the complete Collectors Edition (special case, book, CD) at New Egg for $49.99 with free shipping. They are the only place I know of that still offers the CD with your purchase.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16878174021

Mendon

#14 Mord OFFLINE  

Mord

Stargunner

• 1,768 posts

Posted Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:56 AM

It takes getting used to and it has its faults but for some reason I like it a lot. I have to agree with the IGN review above. I see some reviewers blast it so this may be a love it or hate it thing.

Personally I just dont like the graphics.

The graphics themselves I can live with. What gets me far more is the movement of the characters which tends to be far more jerky and artificial than some games even last gen were able to pull off (Although there were plenty of games just as bad or worse back then.)

Either way, still playing it.

#15 MagitekAngel OFFLINE  

MagitekAngel

River Patroller

• 2,152 posts

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2012 11:32 PM

I got it a couple weeks ago (along with a 3DS of all things) but I'm not in a rush to play it. It was more of a "well, those Rainfall guys campaigned for 'em and now they're here, so I suppose I had better show a little support and show Nintendo the money they could have made if they had published it themselves" kind of deal.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users