IGNORED

Space Instigators+

; - Saucer is slower and comes out less frequently.

; - Shots don't turn off when invaders get low.

; - When instigators get low, houses cleared every frame (makes stability testing easier).

; - Saucer score uses authentic table (100,050,050,100,150,100,100,050,300,100,100,100,050,150,100,050) based on player shot count.

; - Saucer direction determined by player shot count.

; - Instigators speed/speedup changed (may be tweaked based on feedback).

I am not currently setup to test on real hardware and this update has not been extensively stability tested. Please post if you experience anything funky (particularly roll, flicker or video glitches).

Barring any tweaks to the speed or stability fixes this should be the final version (for at least as long as last time :-D ). The only features which could be added (PAL/NTSC switch, title screen, improved display of shots) would require bankswitching and possibily substantial revision (to free up RAM) which I'm not really interested in doing. (and no way to do proper PAL conversion - with speed adjustment, anyway)

The contents of this post, including any binaries or source code, are not public domain. All copyrights are retained by the author. Redistribution in any fashion including but not limited to rehosting, compilation CDs or DVD, multi-carts or cartridges is strictly prohibited.

Sp+.bin

Edited by Christopher Tumber
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Uhm.....should you have a ROM link posted here? Am I missing something?

He's the original author of the Space Instigators homebrew.

That is fine and dandy but has nothing to do with my comment, the rom is now included in the edited post (it wasn't when I posted the comment obviously) so my point was taken.

Uhm.....should you have a ROM link posted here? Am I missing something?

He's the original author of the Space Instigators homebrew.

That is fine and dandy but has nothing to do with my comment, the rom is now included in the edited post (it wasn't when I posted the comment obviously) so my point was taken.

Sorry, I misread your post becuase the ROM was posted and I didn't see the page without the ROM. I thought you were asking if the ROM should be posted here.

• Like 1

How long ago since the original release? Feels like 2 years or so, but I am afraid it was much, much longer ago.

Now that you mention it, it's the ten year anniversary! :-o

Sorry, I misread your post becuase the ROM was posted and I didn't see the page without the ROM. I thought you were asking if the ROM should be posted here.

Yeah, my bad, not familiar with this forum software and had to go back and attach the ROM after the fact.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but after I updated the bios (Beta 5) on my Harmony Cary (Encore), the original Space Instigators rom is screwed up. It still loads but bits are out of whack and you can't see the players sprite. I tried re-downloading and loading the rom with the same issues. However, SP+ plays just fine.

That game version does not initialize the stack pointer correctly. So, if that pointer has a different value in the new BIOS when starting the game, the game may break.

That may be it, I know it worked in the previous bios.