IGNORED

All 6 Star Wars Episodes on DVD (the ones with the Original Releases)

PacManPlus

Hi Guys:

I bought the Blu-Ray box version, and I'm not that much of a fanatic to care about having the 'Original untouched versions' of episodes 4, 5, and 6 on DVD, so I'm selling all six episodes of my Star Wars DVDs.

Only to be sold as a set, please.

Good condition, all discs included (of course).

Please shoot me an offer via PM.

Thanks,

Bob

post-1787-0-13535700-1336923169_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-09131100-1336923172_thumb.jpg

As of this writing the lowest price offer for these on Amazon is $62 combined (six listings) plus postage of $17.94. Going the Amazon route you can not get them for less than $79.74 shipped as of this moment.

Just my two cents. Plus it's Bob. Come on, you aren't going to get better condition or help a better guy out with a sale than Bob.

Good luck with the sale dude.

• Like 3

I have the Original Trilogy on VHS (unaltered) :D

I also have this same DVD set as well.

I have both as well! These are the 2006 releases that included the Laserdisc issued versions of the original trilogy prior to being butchered. Also why I won't buy the BD, they don't have the uncut versions.

I have the Original Trilogy on VHS (unaltered) :D

I also have this same DVD set as well.

I have both as well! These are the 2006 releases that included the Laserdisc issued versions of the original trilogy prior to being butchered. Also why I won't buy the BD, they don't have the uncut versions.

My wife got all three original DVD's for me as a gift a few years back when they were released - I think they were $12.88 at Walmart on special or something like that. I'll never sell them - It's the only way Herr Lucas will allow us to enjoy the REAL movies on DVD. Mr. Lucas - George, if you will - SUCK IT!

• Like 2

Heard George Lucas needed something valuable for Indiana Jones to search for in the next movie...

Indiana Jones and the Unaltered Star Wars DVD

By the time he finds them they will be as old as Harrison Ford is now

Do you have the set of lithos that was a bonus with the purchase of the original trilogy? ;) COLLEC-TI-BULLLL!!!!

Anyhow, the original releases on each disc 2 of Star Wars, Empire, and Jedi, while only laserdisc quality, are still worth owning because that's the version that many people love, George!

The technical stuff & documentaries on each disc 2 of the new trilogy are interesting and informative, but I just can't bring myself to buy them.

I'm still annoyed I bought the 2004 set, which didn't include them. At least I have the Laserdiscs.

Yeah, a few people are still annoyed with me that I sold those. I bought the bluerays. I guess at the end of the day I'm most upset about the final Ewok village music on the remake. The other stuff isn't as iconic to me. As a kid that ending was epic.

• Like 1

I'm still annoyed I bought the 2004 set, which didn't include them. At least I have the Laserdiscs.

Yeah, a few people are still annoyed with me that I sold those. I bought the bluerays. I guess at the end of the day I'm most upset about the final Ewok village music on the remake. The other stuff isn't as iconic to me. As a kid that ending was epic.

Oh man, he "axed" the music at the end of Return/jedi? I knew there were some other changes but thats just going to far Mr Lucas....

Oh man, he "axed" the music at the end of Return/jedi? I knew there were some other changes but thats just going to far Mr Lucas....

That and the music in Jabba's palace. I have a 'making of' VHS tape that focuses on Jedi and they show the part where the puppeteers are working out the choreography, the set builders that had to build the stage up high so the puppeteers could work below it, and the musical number that was in English and had to be converted to the language in Star Wars. I think of all the talented people that worked on those aspects of that one scene and how Lucas undid all of that for a poorly executed and unnecessary CGI cartoon.

• Like 1

It would be one thing if the changes to all three movies were even remotely good - but they are not! Speilberg publicly said that he regretted making the changes to the E.T. special edition (the changes were just horrible) and he recommends the original version, so why can't Lucas do the same? I'm thinking of selling my silver box of the Special Editions because the more I think about it the more it aggravates me.

I have that 'making of' video too - what a slap in the face to all of those hard working puppeteers.

And the final music in Jedi? It's so weak that it couldn't even pull the ears off a Gundark.

• 4 weeks later...

any luck with these?? bump for a good deal!

http://www.savestarwars.com/news.html

As it happens, those 2-disc 2006 editions were the only original trilogy DVDs being sold, period; the "trilogy packs" you saw on sale contained those editions. Those trilogy packs are also now out of print. This means the 2004 Special Edition is also no longer available now--nor is any DVD version of any version of the film. In a calculated move, Lucasfilm has made it impossible to officially buy anything other than the 2011 Blu-ray. Sneaky buggers.