HSC Round 4.35: Memorial Day Tournament

152 replies to this topic

#151 Cynicaster OFFLINE  

River Patroller

• 2,372 posts

Posted Sun Jun 3, 2012 1:13 PM

With that crushing victory, it would appear the season title is M.O.'s to lose.

#152 bigbee99 OFFLINE  

• Topic Starter
  • 1,202 posts
  • Runnin Gunnin

Posted Sun Jun 3, 2012 2:46 PM

With that crushing victory, it would appear the season title is M.O.'s to lose.

Indeed. But only 36 points separate 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. There may be time to catch him yet.

#153 M.A.M.E Offender OFFLINE  

M.A.M.E Offender

• 469 posts

Posted Sun Jun 3, 2012 7:35 PM

I must admit, a lot of those games I have played quite a bit. Especially Raiden. I have played that game hundreds of times. Pole Position too. The trackball gives you pinpoint control. If you don`t have a steering wheel, that is the way to go.

I have also logged in many games of Golden Axe. @ The B, that video clip about the complex scoring system on Golden Axe is very fascinating!! I never knew how they did it until I watched that video.

I am surprised at the low scores on Contra. I don't find it to be that hard of a game. Simple compared to Jackal.

Rush N Attack is another Konami hit. Did anyone notice the very predictable pattern of most of the enemies? If the game is set to "normal", there will be a pair of enemies on foot, running at you. The number increases to 3 at the hard setting. While that is going on, there will be one enemy that attacks and is capable of shooting at you. It is also very predictable when they appear from the left side of the screen. The only enemy that is an imminent threat is the light green guys that attack you with a jumpkick.

Another Konami hit, Time Pilot. What a cool game in its day.

Ghouls N Ghosts is arguably the toughest game that was listed in this tourney.

In conclusion, I had a blast in this tourney!! It's nice to see some new players, too!! They'll make next year very interesting. But my sights are on this year. Here's hoping I can hold off Big Bee and Cynicaster for another 6 weeks!!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users