IGNORED

SIO2SD Micro Order thread

santosp

hi!

Since my Sdrive has gone belly up on me, i might be interested in this item as well.

But for the technically-newborn like i am, could someone please explain what the difference is between this and an sdrive? And would i be able to use my existing SD card that currently holds all my games for my sdrive on this device?

thanks.

hi!

Since my Sdrive has gone belly up on me, i might be interested in this item as well.

But for the technically-newborn like i am, could someone please explain what the difference is between this and an sdrive? And would i be able to use my existing SD card that currently holds all my games for my sdrive on this device?

thanks.

http://www.atariage....ive-comparison/

SIO2SD and SDrive are both good devices. SIO2SD has all SDrive's features plus others.

To work with SIO2SD, the SD card must have a folder named ATARI with the games inside and the file "sio2sdv35.xex" (on-screen loader) needs to be in the root.

• Like 1

I'd like to tell people on here that I got my device working fairly easily. I bought a 512Mb SD card and put it into my laptop SD card slot. I wasn't able to format it, but it was already formatted. I copied some ATR files onto it, which were games compilations I got on a DVD with lots of emulators. After pressing lots of buttons in various combinations, I eventually found that if the drive was set to D1: with the top left button, then I could select a file using the bottom left button and the button to the right of that. I then switch off the Atari and turn it on again. I get a message from the SIO2SD telling me to press Start or Select. My Select key still doesn't work, but I find pressing Start runs the selected ATR file. That's it so far. I next plan to read the instructions I was given via a link to work out how to do other things, such as reading ATR files which aren't games compilations, as well as saving BASIC programs onto blank ATR images.

Buttons, buttons and again.......buttons. Really if this device use only its buttons to work, I will never involved...

Please format you SD card, download this *.rar file, and extract "as is" on your card.

After go to Atari folder -> Game folder, and at subfolders add some files accord to the first letter of them.

Next keep down the grey button on device, and boot your Atari. Press "START" key and after some seconds you must see the main menu from loader. Load a ATR file on first drive "D1", then keep down the "OPTION" key while pressing the "X" key. The game will be load.

I 'll try to find a guide about how someone can use the loader, and will post it.

http://www.2shared.c...New_Folder.html

Edited by santosp

I found that a file called DeRe.ATR wouldn't display its directory or do anything at all. This is obviously the programs from the book De Re Atari.

Unfortunately, I'm not likely to get any further at the moment with this device, because my laptop screen has finally blown out!

I think that from what I've read in an ebook called something like "18 Laptop Repairs to make you $60,000 a Year", either the backlight has blown out, the plug attached to it has become coated with a film, or the inverter it's plugged into has blown out.

Unfortunately, I recently salvaged a laptop someone had thrown away, which still had the screen intact, but when I took it apart, I found that the backlight seems to be enclosed behind a piece of card behind the screen, held there with tape and some other parts, plus the fact there were various wires attached to it. This means I don't know if I should even attempt a repair, because I don't know if I could reassemble it. I doubt I could afford to have it repaired, or if it's worth it.

At this moment, I'm using an old (1999-2000) Blueberry iMac G3, which I can only view websites with thanks to the work of fanatics who claim that this is a "true" Mac produced before Apple abandoned their OS and their hardware. Mac OS X is based on Free BSD Unix and Steve Jobs' NextStep or OpenStep OS. They've produced the Clasilla browser which can emulate various mobile and desktop browsers. My settings for this forum are now Classilla 9.3, but to get onto Hotmail I have to emulate Opera Mini 3 or 4.

I hope that in the near future I'll have another, more advanced device which is working, and can read and write SD cards. I'd welcome any advice from users on here about what I can do about this situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,,

I was lucky enough to purchase one of these from the last run and am happy to say that it is top quality as usual from Panos! However, I do not use mine very much as I already have one built-in to my 800XL so am offering it here for sale to AA members before it hits ebay. Asking price is £40.00 GBP plus shipping (I will only ship Registered Post with tracking numbers for yours and mine protection) Registered shipping to Europe is £8.50 GBP and USA is £9.70 GBP (oh yes, UK is £3.50 GBP!!)

Any interested parties please PM me, thanks.

Cheers,

Dom

EDIT: The 'roughness' around the screen is merely the sticky plastic protection cover which is still attached.

post-24505-0-37443600-1348479230_thumb.jpg

Edited by beamer320i

Hi to all. :)

Can anyone knows why 2.5 firmware for SIO2SD can not handle *.rom and or *.bin files?

ROM and BIN refers to Cartridge games... If not a catridge game rename to XEX and play..

Might be that 2.5 firmware only looks for files named with the externder .XEX

• Like 1