IGNORED

Jag game pricing

madman

Is it just me or do Jaguar games have the biggest price deltas of any system out there? I see used carts on EBay going for more than NOS games can be had at online shops. Likewise you'll see one shop charging twice as much as another for the exact same game. I don't know what my point is, but it seems a lot of people aren't really educated about where to shop for the best price on Jag games, specifically NOS games.

Yea, it just seems weird if you're comparing 2 shops, one shop may have certain games priced much lower than another and vice versa for other games. Even some of the more popular EBay sellers seem to fluctuate their prices. I was looking for a deal on Flip Out, one seller was selling it for $15 new, then he went to $20 when one sold at $15. Waited it out and found it for $12. It just seems all over the place compared to collecting for other systems.

I just started looking for some Jaguar games, and after reading your post I checked the rarityguide and compared it with ebay, the ebay sellers have everything really high, double what the rarityguide says sometimes.

Where do you guys buy your stuff?

Video Game Liquidators! :rolling:

There's still deals to be had - mostly here though. Gotta really sift through the greed of ePay and be patient in order to get a decent deal there. Amazon is another place where you can sometimes get Jag stuff for a little more reasonable.

• Like 1

Anyways... I'll keep my eye out as I learn Jaguar prices.

Learning is probably safest - old rarity/price guides aren't going to be all that safe or accurate to go off, only serving dealers/resellers rather than genuine thrifty collectors ;-)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I've noticed this too... the prices are INSANE! I mean... I can COMPLETELY understand paying ~$50-75 for a well-produced homebrew that comes in a real cartridge, a box, manual, etc... basically as if it was from Atari itself. A lot of work goes into that. But games that were in normal circulation now are going for crazy prices.

Some of the games I've seen with astronomical prices are Hover Strike CD, Alien vs. Predator, Doom, Atari Karts, Primal Rage, etc...

It's crazy to me... because I remember when E.B., Kay Bee Toys, and some of those other stores were going out of business. There was one store (can't remember the name) that had TONS of Atari Jaguar games. They were selling all of them for like $3.99 to $7.99, and the CD games were anywhere from $5.99 to $12.99 for the more expensive ones... which was only like Highlander and Primal Rage.

I bought ALL of them back then for pennies basically. Glad I got them when I did.

Even though I've sold off almost all of my video game systems and stuff, I still have all my Jaguar stuff... glad I kept them.

• Like 1

It's funny you mention HS CD as being outragious, I remember just a few years ago that game selling on eBay and other places for less than $5, they could hardly give them away!

There are certain cases where NOS games sell for more on eBay (Telegames releases come to mind right off hand), but I generally find that ebay has best prices if you're not looking at BIN's. In a sense you are getting a "deal" if you pay less than the "highest a game has ever sold for," because it only sells for the highest price once you hopefully won't be that unlucky.

Jaguar prices are variable best advise it just to check the completed listing and see the range for a good reference, maybe watch a little while but it really depends on how long you want to scan ebay for deals. Battlesphere has ranged between something like $500-$1200 in the past few months, sometimes a game sells for alot and other owners see that and want to jump on the money train. Other times a high auction shakes nothing else loose. Can't really preditct whats going to happen but if you wait long enough your bound to get a game at a better price than if you buy the first copy you see.

• 1 month later...

I've been rebuilding my long offloaded Jag collection over the past few months via a combination of eBay and some of the online stores. IMO you can't go wrong with Bruce at myatari for most NIB Jag CDs ($19/ea.) and some of the NIB carts. For Telegames releases, both Goat Store or Songbird have new copies of most titles for the same as used prices on eBay. I just placed an order with Telegames UK directly for four titles and even after shipping fees ended up paying less than eBay.

Willard is right, on eBay patience is a virtue. After weeks of trying I finally snagged Rayman CIB for $36! BTW - If anyone wants to part with Atari Karts for a realistic price PM me. Those eBay asking prices are killing me! ;)

Edited by atariLBC