IGNORED

D2K Arcade Budget Release - Order Now!

The fine folks at Classic Game Publishers have come through with an AWESOME production !!

Off for hours to play.... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Got mine today. Yes! Going to try it out in a few.

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think of the new shells? :-)

It's cool, but to me it looks too "modern." I'm a bit more partial to the Mattel cartridge. Not only was it unique in style, but the angled face for the sticker shows the name of the game even when plugged into the device.

Then again, I'm consumed with nostalgia; it's why I'm here. :)

-dZ.

The fine folks at Classic Game Publishers have come through with an AWESOME production !!

Off for hours to play.... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Got mine today. Yes! Going to try it out in a few.

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think of the new shells? :-)

Shells are very cool, I like the large surface are for artwork :D and it bears a little resemblance to the Activision cart, but not enough to call it a clone for sure

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Another great piece

It's cool, but to me it looks too "modern." I'm a bit more partial to the Mattel cartridge. Not only was it unique in style, but the angled face for the sticker shows the name of the game even when plugged into the device.

-dZ.

I guess you'll only be happy if I go back to the big ol' through-hole DIPs for the PCBs, eh? ;) FWIW, I thought it borrowed elements from the old Atari carts too (flat top/edge for label) while still evoking the Activision feel. It's not nearly as modern looking as, say, an NES cart. ;) ;)

Shells are very cool, I like the large surface are for artwork :D and it bears a little resemblance to the Activision cart, but not enough to call it a clone for sure

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Another great piece

I was always jealous of the huge label area Atari and C64 carts got (or even Activision / Imagic on Intellivision), so I definitely used Activision's shells as an inspiration.

I like how D2K's put the label space to use. It's a visually striking cart, IMHO. :thumbsup: I think we're raising the bar for what makes a classy looking release. :D

Of course, there are important differences. While it looks more Activision-y, it's actually closer to the Mattel shell in a few ways. The post configuration is different so that it can accommodate a Mattel-shell compatible PCB is only a little effort. The shell does add about 1/2" space internally lengthwise that I (or anyone else designing hardware) can use for a longer PCB -- real estate that wasn't really available with the Mattel shell's sloped end. And yet, the whole shell fits in the same footprint as a Mattel shell. I rather like that.

New shells are great. I like the grip ridges ala Activision. Nice job.

Thanks! And those grips do make it much easier to get the carts in/out of the unit, I think.

So, all you waiting to experience these new shells... order your D2K today! :grin:

The shell does add about 1/2" space internally lengthwise that I (or anyone else designing hardware) can use for a longer PCB -- real estate that wasn't really available with the Mattel shell's sloped end. And yet, the whole shell fits in the same footprint as a Mattel shell. I rather like that.

So does that mean some expanded PCB's with on-board RAM expansions down the road?

The shell does add about 1/2" space internally lengthwise that I (or anyone else designing hardware) can use for a longer PCB -- real estate that wasn't really available with the Mattel shell's sloped end. And yet, the whole shell fits in the same footprint as a Mattel shell. I rather like that.

So does that mean some expanded PCB's with on-board RAM expansions down the road?

RAM expansion is already here! The CC3 showed you could fit 128K bytes and an MMC slot in a normal Mattel board just fine. The Intellicart also has 128K bytes of RAM. Even my much less expensive JLP design offers 16K bytes of RAM in its single chip.

The extra space may never get used, but it's there if anyone needs it. :)

-dZ.

I guess you'll only be happy if I go back to the big ol' through-hole DIPs for the PCBs, eh? ;) FWIW, I thought it borrowed elements from the old Atari carts too (flat top/edge for label) while still evoking the Activision feel. It's not nearly as modern looking as, say, an NES cart. ;) ;)

I don't think it's bad, and it may be very functional. I just think the slanted face for the sticker is cooler. :)

As for the larger sticker area, I'm still undecided. I'll have to wait until I have one physically in my hands to take a real good look at it.

-dZ.

I don't think it's bad, and it may be very functional. I just think the slanted face for the sticker is cooler. :)

As for the larger sticker area, I'm still undecided. I'll have to wait until I have one physically in my hands to take a real good look at it.

-dZ.

Maybe these photos fire up your imagination. :-)

D2K new for Intellivision

D2K inserted

D2K title screen

D2K first stage

Edited by Intymike
  • Like 1

-dZ.

Maybe these photos fire up your imagination. :-)

Hum... I must admit, I'm warming up to the idea of large stickers... It does look rather cool with the large graphic. :)

-dZ.

Joe, the new shells look fantastic! I haven't received my copy yet but I do agree they are visually striking.

Rev: as Billy Mitchell would say, D2K is brutal, from screen one. ;-) Warm up your thumbs…

And please start a "D2K impressions" thread!

Edited by Carl Mueller Jr

I got mine today and it is just sick!!! :D Thanks again for an absolute gem Carl! :-o This game is beautiful to look at and plays fantastic (other than there being 900 different ways to die! :x LOL).

Joe, the cart is sooooo solid, I really like the design, a great mix of the Activision and Mattel carts in my book. :love:

Willy, the instruction manual came out golden too. I can't wait to get the full version.

I just quickly played three games as Mario and got 9200 and died on level 4.

WOW! Keep making games like this. Anyone sitting on the fence for this one, get off it and buy D2K, you won't regret it.

I got mine today and it is just sick!!! :D Thanks again for an absolute gem Carl! :-o This game is beautiful to look at and plays fantastic (other than there being 900 different ways to die! :x LOL).

Joe, the cart is sooooo solid, I really like the design, a great mix of the Activision and Mattel carts in my book. :love:

Willy, the instruction manual came out golden too. I can't wait to get the full version.

WOW! Keep making games like this. Anyone sitting on the fence for this one, get off it and buy D2K, you won't regret it.

Ass kisser

:-D

Ass kisser

:-D

That's MR Ass Kisser to you. :P

Got mine! Great service! Hats off to everyone involved in this. Carl Mueller Jr, you must be quite a coder. What other arcade conversions for INTV can you sanitize and enhance? :)

edit: Thanks for offering the budget release, without the box. I collect games - rather than cardboard - and I appreciate it!

Edited by wood_jl

Got mine! Great service! Hats off to everyone involved in this. Carl Mueller Jr, you must be quite a coder. What other arcade conversions for INTV can you sanitize and enhance? :)

edit: Thanks for offering the budget release, without the box. I collect games - rather than cardboard - and I appreciate it!

Would love to do other arcade conversions. If we generate the necessary capital to officially license more games, we will definitely consider more… DK Junior, Ms. Pac-Man, Robotron, and others would be distinct possibilities!

Carl

Would love to do other arcade conversions. If we generate the necessary capital to officially license more games, we will definitely consider more… DK Junior, Ms. Pac-Man, Robotron, and others would be distinct possibilities!

Carl

Robotron!!!!! Sweet mother of all that is holy!!! How many copies of D2K do you need me to buy to make this happen??

We are going to try contacting Williams soon. I also think Joust would make an excellent Intellivision game. If they're reasonable, these could be the next two projects I will be working on.

Wow! That would be a cool set of games! I'm planning on buying another two copies of D2K but I'm waiting for the sealed boxes. :)