IGNORED

Electric Adventures - MSX & Spectravideo Conversion Titles

The Memotech MTX dont use 3" discs as I know. Normaly 5.25" but most people had it without discsystem, only using tapes. Its possible to connect a normal Tape-recorder or use pc sound card to record and load games into it. The Memotech MTX500 have 32kb memory and the MTX512 have 64K there was also a RS128 which had 128+kb memory as I know. But the same hardware. So its Colecovision/Sord/SG1000 compaible. Those computers had build in basic just like MSX and Spectravideo, so at the basic prompt you can safely use the Memory from around 0x8100-0xF000, if it have a discsystem attached maybe dont go more up than 0xD000 or so. The system also had a 8" drive, and people also played with 3.5" drives, now a day we can even use a add on called "Rememorizer" which accept a SD-card as "disk-drive". - www.mtxworld.dk

Ah, my bad. I strongly associated MTX with floppy disk based operating systems but as I've never actually seen one in operation, much less used one I may have gotten it all wrong. Perhaps I'm thinking of a Tatung Einstein, which I also think is somewhat compatible but perhaps not all the way?

5.25" or tapes should be rather easy to produce for anyone looking to sell homebrews, actually easier than all those cartridge based consoles. Now whether there is a scene/demand for it is another matter. With a proper Basic cartridge, you seem to be able to load machine code games from tape on a Sord, probably a Sega as well. Of course both MSX and Spectravideo computers work that way too. If one releases homebrew on cassette, the same game could be recorded multiple times for different formats, just a matter of adding instructions to "fast forward to counter position NNN for this model, use side B for that model". :-)

• 7 years later...
On 5/20/2012 at 10:11 AM, Pixelboy said:

Welcome to AtariAge.

I am a ColecoVision homebrew publisher, but my plate is full this year with over 10 games to release. And next year, I'm putting all my Team Pixelboy activities aside to work on a programming language for the ColecoVision.

I didn't check every game on your site, but while the info on your site is inviting, it's also a bit confusing. It's hard to guess which games were programmed in BASIC, and which ones were programmed in assembly. Also, the ColecoVision only has 1K of RAM, so I don't know if your games can be ported to the CV at all.

So if you're looking for a homebrew publisher to publish CV ports of your games, I think it would be preferable to post in this thread all the info you can supply about your games: MSX BASIC game or coded in machine code, total ROM size, RAM requirements, required controllers (does the game require a keyboard to play?), etc.

Hello Pixelboy. My name is Taylor Stokes. It is a pleasure to meet you. I like your MSX to ColecoVision / SG-1000 to ColecoVision conversions for the SGM, even Opcode too. I think you do a good job at everything. I just mostly do MSX to SMS and CV to MSX. Keep up the good work. ?