INDY 500

6 replies to this topic

#1 Pioneer4x4 OFFLINE  

Pioneer4x4

River Patroller

• 2,014 posts
  • Atari + R.O.B. = Completed

Posted Mon May 21, 2012 5:28 PM

I am going to the Indy 500 again this year. I go most years, and I have planned/tried to take my Atari Indy500 cart and take some kind of picture at the track.
I have forgot to bring it twice, left it at the hotel once, left it on the bus once.
THIS IS THE YEAR!!!
I may even bring a couple along with paint pens and see if I can get an autograph on one.

Does anyone have any good ideas on pictures? I was thinking of taking one from my seat (Across from the last few pit spots, upper deck) with the cart on a rail in the foreground.
Maybe a picture of a celebrity holding it, or a picture of it at the Indianoplois 500 Festival Parade.

#2 JohnnyRockets OFFLINE  

JohnnyRockets

Moonsweeper

• 456 posts

Posted Mon May 21, 2012 8:13 PM

No good ideas, but super cool that you're going! I'll be watching on TV for sure. This is a big event for my family.

#3 tremoloman2006 OFFLINE  

tremoloman2006

Stargunner

• 1,663 posts

Posted Tue May 22, 2012 7:01 PM

If you had the box I'd bring that also!

I'd try to get one of the racers to hold the box/cart with yourself in the picture.
That would be really cool to see!

#4 chuckster24 OFFLINE  

chuckster24

Space Invader

• 14 posts

Posted Tue May 22, 2012 8:57 PM

My suggestion would be to go on Carb Day which is Friday its your best chance to get back by the pit area where the drivers are a little more receptive on Friday - Saturday is a quiet day at the Track and Sunday they will be too focused on the actual race. Best of luck to you with your quest.

C24

#5 Pioneer4x4 OFFLINE  

Pioneer4x4

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,014 posts

Posted Tue May 22, 2012 9:04 PM

I typically go on Friday, but cannot get there till Saturday this year, and we always have tickets to the Parade as well. (The best festival on the planet!)
I do not have a box, I do have manuals though. Hmm, Guy Fieri is at the Parade, and driving the Pace Car on opening lap, maybe I can get him to sign Fast Food...
Personally, if I could get a picture of someone from the 70s holding it, like A.J. Foyt!!! That would be amazing! We get to the track early on race day, I just need to mill around and see what I can make happen.

#6 Pioneer4x4 OFFLINE  

Pioneer4x4

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,014 posts

Posted Tue May 29, 2012 9:14 AM

I remembered! We were unable to find anyone accessible that was worthy of autographing it. Maybe next year.
100_2182.JPG

#7 chuckster24 OFFLINE  

chuckster24

Space Invader

• 14 posts

Posted Thu May 31, 2012 8:26 PM

Don't forget it was a pretty good race too, Nice picture. I will be there next year.

C24

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users