Android emulator Atari

86 replies to this topic

#76 shanti77 OFFLINE  

shanti77

Chopper Commander

• 162 posts

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2018 2:23 PM

Best Android Emu

Tap screen after start (when show text SDL) to setup interface.

Attached Files

Edited by shanti77, Fri Nov 2, 2018 2:47 PM.

#77 adam242 OFFLINE  

adam242

Dragonstomper

• 960 posts

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2018 8:33 PM

(deleted)

I was thinking of droid800..

Edited by adam242, Fri Nov 2, 2018 8:41 PM.

#78 erichenneke OFFLINE  

erichenneke

Moonsweeper

• 381 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 9:52 AM

I sent the patch upstream and built this new (still unsigned) apk.  Enjoy.

attachicon.gifcolleen-hack3-debug.apk.zip

Is there a trick to getting this to apk to install?

I already had colleen installed on my phone (for quite a long time now actually), but when I try to install this apk it fails.

And I already had the security option to allow for apps from unknown sources set to "on".

-Eric

#79 shanti77 OFFLINE  

shanti77

Chopper Commander

• 162 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 10:33 AM

Mayby unpack file, this is .zip

#80 slaker OFFLINE  

slaker

Space Invader

• 11 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 11:18 AM

Is there a trick to getting this to apk to install?

I already had colleen installed on my phone (for quite a long time now actually), but when I try to install this apk it fails.

And I already had the security option to allow for apps from unknown sources set to "on".

Because the app uses the same name but comes from a different source, Android will refuse to install over it.

Just uninstall the old one first.

#81 erichenneke OFFLINE  

erichenneke

Moonsweeper

• 381 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 5:29 PM

Because the app uses the same name but comes from a different source, Android will refuse to install over it.

Just uninstall the old one first.

ok, that worked.

However, when I run the app I don't see the keyboard shown in the screen shots in the your posts above.  I still see the keyboard like Colleen had before.

Is there something else you have to do to see the keybaord with CTRL ALT FN keys, etc.?

Edited by erichenneke, Sat Nov 3, 2018 5:31 PM.

#82 _The Doctor__ ONLINE  

_The Doctor__

Quadrunner

• 5,645 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 5:36 PM

perhaps uninstall and delete all data? only thing I can think of. I've seen aberrant things when uninstalling but not deleting all data with certain apps

#83 slaker OFFLINE  

slaker

Space Invader

• 11 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 7:35 PM

However, when I run the app I don't see the keyboard shown in the screen shots in the your posts above.  I still see the keyboard like Colleen had before.

Is there something else you have to do to see the keybaord with CTRL ALT FN keys, etc.?

Colleen doesn't provide its own keyboard.  If your device's standard keyboard doesn't provide CTRL, ALT, etc. (and it probably doesn't), you'll have to install a third-party keyboard app.  I use the Hacker's Keyboard (https://f-droid.org/...ion.pckeyboard/), but others may also work, like the AnySoftKeyboard.

#84 erichenneke OFFLINE  

erichenneke

Moonsweeper

• 381 posts

Posted Sun Nov 4, 2018 10:18 AM

Colleen doesn't provide its own keyboard.  If your device's standard keyboard doesn't provide CTRL, ALT, etc. (and it probably doesn't), you'll have to install a third-party keyboard app.  I use the Hacker's Keyboard (https://f-droid.org/...ion.pckeyboard/), but others may also work, like the AnySoftKeyboard.

OK,  great . That worked.

Hmmm, that makes me pretty nervous when you have to accept the warning that the keyboard app could be capturing all keystrokes including passwords!!

#85 em_kay ONLINE  

em_kay

Space Invader

• 14 posts

Posted Yesterday, 2:19 AM

finally got colleen hack 3 loaded onto my nvidia shield and seems to be working fine with a ps4 controller

I'm having to use the 'mouse toggle' app to be able to press top right to get the start;select;options keyboard overlay and also the menu to insert disks

It would be nice to be able to map some of the ps4 buttons to start key etc...

#86 kiwilove OFFLINE  

kiwilove

Dragonstomper

• 875 posts

Posted Yesterday, 3:43 AM

I do use a NV Shield - and it did work fine for some time - but then - it stopped supporting the external controller - was using a Microsoft gamepad.

I think it must have been the 3rd update to the tablet that broke the support.  Would like an easy way to restore or restart back with the old OS?

But can't find a solution.  Tried a X-Box controller - but that didn't work at all.  Maybe a NV controller would fix my woes?

Harvey

#87 em_kay ONLINE  

em_kay

Space Invader

• 14 posts

Posted Yesterday, 4:16 PM

Best Android Emu

Tap screen after start (when show text SDL) to setup interface.

tried this on my nvidia shield as well as colleen and it too works fine

I do like the save/load states

Both seem equally good as each other, I might need to play a lot more blue max to give them a good workout

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Android, emulator, Atari

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users