IGNORED

Few unlisted games.

2600Guru

Hi, I have a copy of Outlaw. The specific cartridge I have is not listed on here. It's nothing big. Maybe some improvements to the database would be nice? I talked to some other members and they have had unlisted carts before too. This site kicks butt and is my favorite but it's only flaw is the database.

AtariAge still rocks :thumbsup:

Could you show us a scan?

Could you specify "some improvements"?

Atariage's database contains mostly (North American) NTSC carts and counts 1963 entries.

Atarimania's database covers all formats and counts 8041 entries (and many more if you count all minor label variations as well).

Is your Outlaw a minor or major label variation?

8)

Could you show us a scan?

Could you specify "some improvements"?

Atariage's database contains mostly (North American) NTSC carts and counts 1963 entries.

Atarimania's database covers all formats and counts 8041 entries (and many more if you count all minor label variations as well).

Is your Outlaw a minor or major label variation?

8)

I would show you a scan but I don't got a scanner :(

The only frustrating thing about Atarimania's otherwise-great database is the lack of rarity information (except the very top of the pyramid). I know people learn from experience which label variations, etc. are hard to get, but the quantitative format really helps a lot. I'd hate to pass up a rare picture label variant, e.g. Flag Capture, just because I had no source to clue me in to the fact that it's something special.

• 1 month later...

I'm afraid it's really a matter of either doing extensive research or learning things the hard way.

It's undoable to create a trustworthy R1-10 rarity guide for VCS games, especially label variations.

8)

I wish on your website collectors could have an account where they check off what they own to make their own database of their collections. Then it can rank what games are owned the most just like the page of the ranking of most downloaded ROMs. It wouldn't be perfect but it would give a general idea of rarity.

The only frustrating thing about Atarimania's otherwise-great database is the lack of rarity information (except the very top of the pyramid). I know people learn from experience which label variations, etc. are hard to get, but the quantitative format really helps a lot. I'd hate to pass up a rare picture label variant, e.g. Flag Capture, just because I had no source to clue me in to the fact that it's something special.

I have difficulty looking at and searching the atarimania site. It isn't Best Electronics bad, but the interface still has me cross-eyed on occasion. It's a great site though.

I actually find it really easy to search. Its sometimes a pain getting through the dozens of 2-1 4-1 carts before you get to the originals, but that's what you get for having such a comprehensive database.

Rarity guides are rarely accurate anyway. As Romhunter said, you really need to do your homework before you spend your hard earned cash!

I actually find it really easy to search. Its sometimes a pain getting through the dozens of 2-1 4-1 carts before you get to the originals, but that's what you get for having such a comprehensive database.

Rarity guides are rarely accurate anyway. As Romhunter said, you really need to do your homework before you spend your hard earned cash!

But it would be nice if there was some indication about how many of a game exists. If it is uncountable like thousands of them or enough that it is obtainable by every collector then that is all I need to know about the rarity. But if there is a known number then I would like to see that number. If Rom Hunter knows which have 3 or less known to exist then why can't the ones that have 4, 10, 50... known to exist be posted? It doesn't have to be a 1-10 rarity. Just something like less than 100 known to exist, less than 50 known to exist, less than 1000... It would just be nice if somehow they were separated by uncountable and countable. I'm not looking for an accurate rarity guide. I'm just looking for homework that has already been done with the super rare countable games to be posted. By the time I do my homework and am ready to spend my hard earned cash the game could already be sold.

I would like to know that too, but it's almost impossible to keep track of.

Mind you: I'm only talking about the Holy Grails now.

Trust me: keep clear from rarity ratings and any 'working' method to present them.

It's hell on earth.

Here's my vision on VCS games rarity:

Holy Grails can only be found (unless your name is Wonder), the rest can be bought.

Period.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I have difficulty looking at and searching the atarimania site. It isn't Best Electronics bad, but the interface still has me cross-eyed on occasion. It's a great site though.

Keep practicing, Ax!

Eventually it's as easy as pie.

I can look up any VCS title within 10 secs.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I would like to know that too, but it's almost impossible to keep track of.

Mind you: I'm only talking about the Holy Grails now.

Trust me: keep clear from rarity ratings and any 'working' method to present them.

It's hell on earth.

Here's my vision on VCS games rarity:

Holy Grails can only be found (unless your name is Wonder), the rest can be bought.

Period.

8)

I get what you are saying but it seems like you would at the very least show the number for how many holy grails there are. For an example, lets say I bought a holy grail. I would have no way of knowing if I just bought the fourth one and what I thought was a holy grail became just another obtainable cart like the rest. Instead of paying for a holy grail it would turn out that I paid for it to no longer be a holy grail. If you know of three or less then it seems like you would know if it is one, two, or three. It seems like you could be able to have a rarity of holy grail 1, holy grail 2, and hole grail 3.

Keep practicing, Ax!

Eventually it's as easy as pie.

I can look up any VCS title within 10 secs.

8)

The only thing I have a problem with is if I click on a link and then go back it puts me at the top of the list again.