IGNORED

2012 Harmony Games-Round 2: Conquest of Mars

It's time for the Second Round of 2012 Harmony Games:

I will announce 3 rounds of games to play each of these high scores

will be used in the Harmony games tournament at the 2012 VGS in July

where players get to try to beat the high score made here.(all three games

will be played on a harmony cart at the show)

The Second Game is Conquest of Mars

Game Rules:

• one player game only
  • Warrior mode
  • Left difficulty on A( enemies shot back)
  • play until you lose your ships(if you reach
    a screen that has a continue on your start
    you are allowed to use it,but not after that)
  • your score=the score from the start+ your continue
    (take a screen shot of your first score before you hit your continue, then
    after you lose your ships on continue take a screen shot of that score)

You can d/l the rom using the link above and either play

on emulator or on actual sytem using harmony cart.

(if you have the actual cart that is also fine)

Post your scores here (screen shots are welcome as well)

This round ends on 6/29/12

for more details on the 2012 Harmony Games or The Video Game Summit

visit our website

Round 2 Scores:

--------------------------

1. Lidquario - 70,880

2.Scrabbler15 - 54,750

3. roadrunner- 28,520

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

ok a few additions to the rule:

right difficulty on A (if you happen to get the point for a continue after you loose your ships, you can only use it once(in that case your score would be the what got on your first try +plus what you got on continue( since the continue resets the score and lives)

kind of hard doing the with out the actual instructions

For this try my continue, I'm taking only 1 continue as I understood, had a bigger score and I lost how many points I made before. So I can't add the two scores...

Fortunately this sole continue gave me more points than my previous game.

I scored 47,160

So I'm guessing I can update my scores board with this one.

post-32348-0-10879500-1338554063_thumb.png

I will have to accept your first score with the continue score. If it helps and I should mentioned this earlier:if you die and have a continue

either try to get a screen shot of the first score (or even write it down) then use the continue.

you can only use the one continue after your first time of loss of ships:

example you made it to the second screen and you lost your last ship, you are allowed to use the continue after that

if you loose your ships during the continue, you can't use the continue again. the one time is only after you loose your initial

ships.

sorry, for not making that clear before, as mentioned I don't have the instructions to the game so I'm figuring out as we go

I will have to accept your first score with the continue score.(...)

Does it mean the second can't be accepted?

I thought the second would be like posting 0 (for the first try) + 47,160 (for the continue, I only took 1 continue right after the first try).

Please don't take me wrong, I'm just trying to understand.

I will have to accept your first score with the continue score.(...)

Does it mean the second can't be accepted?

I thought the second would be like posting 0 (for the first try) + 47,160 (for the continue, I only took 1 continue right after the first try).

Please don't take me wrong, I'm just trying to understand.

thats right the second score won't be accepted,since thats just a continue score and not a combined score (start+continue)

if it was just a start score it would be different

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

Will there be any regular HSC games going on while this Harmony tournament is in progress?

That's the second game of the Harmony tournament which began before HSC Knockout ended. This tournament has only 3 games but each one is played for an entire month!

What I mean is that this tournament is very independent from HSC tournaments, so yes there can be another HSC game before the end of the Harmony tournament.

I guess, to clarify, there isn't currently a 2600 HSC game going on, right? Just the Harmony game? Nothing since the knockout tournament ended, correct? JUst want to make sure I'm not missing out...

Will there be any regular HSC games going on while this Harmony tournament is in progress?

That's the second game of the Harmony tournament which began before HSC Knockout ended. This tournament has only 3 games but each one is played for an entire month!

What I mean is that this tournament is very independent from HSC tournaments, so yes there can be another HSC game before the end of the Harmony tournament.

Edited by jblenkle

I guess, to clarify, there isn't currently a 2600 HSC game going on, right? Just the Harmony game? Nothing since the knockout tournament ended, correct? JUst want to make sure I'm not missing out...

Yes, nothing in 2600 HSC for now. But I saw some guys playing kaboom! in the Atari 2600 main forum...

Almost forgot, soon there will be the Grand Knockout Final with Toymailman playing Toyshop Trouble, but I don't know if we can play there. I think it's only for the KO Champions of each platform.

41,840 (25,180 + 16,660)

I don't see any way to clear the triple electric fence.

Maybe I'm late with the tip, you got good improvements on your score after this post :thumbsup:

Anyway, when I need to put my ship between those fences, I don't try to get a point as reference because it seems to be too hard with homogeneous red walls with nothing to mark the position.

When I can't rely on space I rely on time. I just get the feel of how much time I need to push the joystick down before stopping my ship.

• Like 1

41,840 (25,180 + 16,660)

I don't see any way to clear the triple electric fence.

Maybe I'm late with the tip, you got good improvements on your score after this post :thumbsup:

Anyway, when I need to put my ship between those fences, I don't try to get a point as reference because it seems to be too hard with homogeneous red walls with nothing to mark the position.

When I can't rely on space I rely on time. I just get the feel of how much time I need to push the joystick down before stopping my ship.

Thanks for the tip. I finally did get past the triple fence! (It's the little victories.)

And you've got a really nice score there at 65,000+. You're starting to run away from me with that kind of score (which is kind of what I figured you'd do ;))