IGNORED

incognito boards run - gauge of intrest

candle

54 members have voted

1. 1. would you buy this board for $90?

• yes, one would do
    • two would be nice

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

i wanted to wait with this a bit more, just to get some ultimate boards shipped out, but since people are responding to this in original thread (which is several pages long) i think its sane to have it splted like this

anyways, if anyone would like to get incognito board (this is new personality board for atari 800, giving xl/xe compatibility, up to 1mb of xl/xe extended ram, 1mb axlong compatible memory expansion in Colleen mode, true internal PBI interface + external PBI connector, sdx, 16-52k of base ram in Collen mode, and 2x4 slots for OS roms)

here is little demo on how it works and showing installation (or rather removal)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iavrSCSp43U

estimated price is 90$ -5% +20% (this is just rought estimate)

also, no money should be pay at this moment to anyone - this is not preorder thread, its here just for me to get some data for more accurate quotations for parts suppliers and pcb house

Sebastian

I voted for 2 and am crossing my fingers that it becomes a reality, as I have made a decision:

I’m going to sell my Atari 1200XL systems at the Seattle Retro Game Expo on the 16th and 17th.

I’m going to keep my lone Atari 800. If the incognito board gets made, I’ll do the upgrade and bring this Atari to the various meets and shows. If not, I’ll leave the Atari collecting hobby and focus on just Amiga. Which could be good news for a few of the folks here, since I’ll sell off my games collection.

to have four of them?

everyone who has prototype will receive final version for free - i thought it was stated clearly

I'll pay you for the final board - I did not know a final version for free was included. You have to earn something for your troubles - even if it is just beer money.

• Like 2

to have four of them?

everyone who has prototype will receive final version for free - i thought it was stated clearly

Yep, I re-read that post earlier :)

So yes! After the proto board(s), I plan on buying an additional final too! These would be most excellent to have ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Better to have a Candle Major over a jm Minor ;)

Jay

• Like 2

Watched all your video -- so connects to the main board with one IC plug-in ribbon cable. Then the actual Incognito board plugs into front board socket. That's all there is to it; completely "plug and play?"

Sure -- one for my 800/"the tank."

-Larry

Watched all your video -- so connects to the main board with one IC plug-in ribbon cable. Then the actual Incognito board plugs into front board socket. That's all there is to it; completely "plug and play?"

Sure -- one for my 800/"the tank."

-Larry

Mostly plug & play. There are 4 (will end up being 6) wires to solder to the main PCB.

I was only curious after seeing these breakdowns of the 800 vs 400 and they looked, kind of, similar ;)

http://www.the-liberator.net/site-files/retro-games/hardware/Atari-800-Rev-A-PAL/atari-800-rev-a-pal.htm

http://www.the-liberator.net/site-files/retro-games/hardware/Atari-400/atari-400-rev-1-16k-pal.htm

I only asked because having a 400 in front of a TV is for me is the real gaming experience second only to the VCS..

You know, I'd like to try one. I know I fell through on the ultimate 1 MB upgrade, but this one looks actually more interesting for the purpose of demos! :) Let me know when you're ready to start collecting money, I'll be setting it aside now!