IGNORED

My small PAL red label collection

Small but growing. i think there are about 40 odd altogether to collect? i picked the PAL red labels because they are easy to get started with, but also have some rarities, fun to collect

I also have other label atari stuff, as well as NES, Sega Megadrive, original model PS and N64 collections.

I have boxes and manuals for some of these as well. I also have Mousetrap on its way.

The duplicate Dodge Em may be up for grabs if anyones got a Vanguard or Defender to swap? youve gotta try! lol

Thanks

Paul

All of them

carts.jpg

And my favourites :)

carts2.jpg

• Like 1

Well NTSC-carts work fine on PAL-consoles. All (almost) modern tv´s (post 1990) are NTSC compatible, so you need to test your carts on an old 50HZ tv, to be sure.

There has been a lot of these NTSC-carts floating around since probably ten years ago. I guess someone bought a shitload of NIB mouse traps from the states back then.

I have been trying to find someone with a red-label PAL mouse trap for years. All claiming to have one are people who just assumed that there cart were PAL for the same reason as you.

I wrote the guy who owns the cart thats listed in the PAL rarity guide, and he haden´t tested his cart niether, so im pretty sure a PAL redlabel mouse trap doesen´t exist. But i would be a happy man if someone would prove me wrong.

Heres a complete list of the 48 PAL-redlabel carts known to exist, and (almost) all label variations:

http://www.atarimani...1-6-11_2_G.html

Cheers!

Well NTSC-carts work fine on PAL-consoles. All (almost) modern tv´s (post 1990) are NTSC compatible, so you need to test your carts on an old 50HZ tv, to be sure.

There has been a lot of these NTSC-carts floating around since probably ten years ago. I guess someone bought a shitload of NIB mouse traps from the states back then.

I have been trying to find someone with a red-label PAL mouse trap for years. All claiming to have one are people who just assumed that there cart were PAL for the same reason as you.

I wrote the guy who owns the cart thats listed in the PAL rarity guide, and he haden´t tested his cart niether, so im pretty sure a PAL redlabel mouse trap doesen´t exist. But i would be a happy man if someone would prove me wrong.

Heres a complete list of the 48 PAL-redlabel carts known to exist, and (almost) all label variations:

Cheers!

missing the 16 in 1

atari16in1.jpg

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-16-in-1-game-cartridge_13733.html

Edited by high voltage

Cheers!

missing the 16 in 1

atari16in1.jpg

http://www.atarimani...idge_13733.html

The 32in1 cart was re-released in a red box, becouse atari games were released in red boxes at that time. So that cart has relevance to collectors of red boxes.

But that one?....

This one is red, so i guess it´s missing to:

snoopy_and_the_red_baron_children_pal_cart.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

;) Its not just anything with a red label or box, dont add more than we need to! il never finish

Ive just acquired this one though, its definately PAL, definately Atari red label... Australian HES issue of Mario Bros in Activision case? didnt know what it was until i searched on here and found some info. cool oddity

Mario Bros was actually one of my favourite games when i had a 2600 as kid as well

Still no sign of a Vanguard though..... lol

mario.jpg

• Like 1

I have been searching for years to have a boxed red dodge em. Several back-stabbing members here on AA have cut me out of deals and it is a major hole. It is the only 2600 Red box game I don't have. Yeah, I admit I'm bitter about it after four years on my want list, considering some people have several boxed examples, and people make firm deals then break them.

Goldenax, i could maybe sell or swap my duplicate with you, unless its boxed youre after. ive never seen a red label box for Dodge Em except in one pic, so i can believe the long wait

and im not accepting the 16in1 cart as part of my collection, lol! sure, its got a label, and that labels red but thats where the similiarity ends for me

Wow, nice collection, I have some of them too, but ot not so much red labled...

Every pal Version has the extension "P" on the CX number, so if there is no "P" its a NTSC.

Greets from good old Pal germany ;-)

That is not correct!

The PAL carts without the P came with a sticker with a P on it, usually on the back of the cart. All games thas was releesed with silver/text/black labels before (most of the red label titles) has a variation without a P "on the CX number.

Every pal Version has the extension "P" on the CX number, so if there is no "P" its a NTSC.

That is not correct!

The PAL carts without the P came with a sticker with a P on it, usually on the back of the cart. All games thas was releesed with silver/text/black labels before (most of the red label titles) has a variation without a P "on the CX number.

Yes I know, my statement was for the red lables only! I have round about 200 Pal Games so I know how they look ;-)

That is not correct!

Yes I know, my statement was for the red lables only! I have round about 200 Pal Games so I know how they look ;-)

Ure still incorrect!

There are plenty of PAL red labels without a P "on the CX n umber" and i own all of them but one (vanguard) so i really do know how they look, becouse im looking at them on the shelf as i write this. ;)

• 1 month later...

Great find!

How many are you missing now?

Cheers. I get that i still need 20, or was it 21? I am including the two different Solaris and two different Mario Bro's as seperate entries though

luckily they're all the low to mid rarity ones now so il just gradually pick them up. If i see another Vanguard il snap it up and pass it onto you at cost :)

Edited by random7100

MAN,THOSE ARE COOL! Sorry for yelling but those look so sweet all together like that. What game is the one with HUGE ATARI 2600 on the end label?

Thanks, i do like the way the red labels look together. The cart you're looking at is the Midnight Magic mis-print label. Technically not part of the red label collection proper, its just in the rack there

• 5 weeks later...