IGNORED

Cyrel Sunrise M16-1280 on MSTE

I recently purchased one of these VME cards and have not had too much luck getting it fully installed on my MSTE.

After following the installation procedure (setting jumpers, installing the VIP and two VDI PRG's into the Auto Folder), I rebooted the system and I get 2 followed by 4 bombs when the VDI PRG is run.

I know that:

CM16_VIP.PRG is the main driver for the card - it locates the card on the bus and performs some initialisation and diagnostics.

M16VDI8B.PRG is for 256 colour mode VDI (8bit)

M16VDITC.PRG is for True Colour mode VDI

Running the system up without either VDI PRG allows the card to initialise and I can get to the desktop on my standard monitor output to flash it with new settings etc.

If I flash the card with a 256 colour mode vtg file, then M16VDI8B.PRG crashes with 4 bombs, but M16VDITC.PRG runs without crashing.

If I flash the card with a True Colour mode vtg file, then M16VDI8B runs without crashing, but M16VDITC crashes with 4 bombs.

I am using the disks supplied with the card and am told this worked ok on a TT. I have traced a copy of this on devdocs and it is the same version, but devdocs says it is for TT (no mention of MSTE).

So, I'm starting to wonder whether two versions of the VDI PRG's exist (one version for TT and another for MSTE?).

Google isn't returning any downloads other than those found at Devdocs (v1.41c) so I'm pretty stuck.

Does anyone have an older copy of the drivers or perhaps can offer some advice?