IGNORED

X-Arcade with PS3 ZEN Pinball question...

SoundGammon

I have the solo X-Arcade and I think I used it with Zen. Should work fine if the side buttons are defined as the triggers. I cant remember, its been a long time since I last used the X-Arcade on a PS3. I can try it again tonight and let you know. I've been meaning to hook it up again so at least your giving me a reason to. :P

Nope cant do it. You can use the X-arcade to play Zen but you cant use the side buttons in the game which I figure you wanted to do?

The side buttons are not triggers and I have no idea if you can re-assign controller buttons within the ps3. Doubt it.

Wow even though using the top buttons on the x-arcade is a little lame its still a LOT better than using a normal controller. Lots of fun.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I was also considering the X-Arcade Solo for use with Pinball Arcade (as per my other thread here)

The reviews online say you can reprogram the Solo's buttons, is that not correct? I have the older dual-stick X-Arcade controller and it has a button on the rear panel that allows you to assign anything you want to a button press. Does the Solo actually not also have that feature?

If so I'll avoid the Solo for my situation mentioned in my thread.

Hi guys, I was also considering the X-Arcade Solo for use with Pinball Arcade (as per my other thread here)

The reviews online say you can reprogram the Solo's buttons, is that not correct? I have the older dual-stick X-Arcade controller and it has a button on the rear panel that allows you to assign anything you want to a button press. Does the Solo actually not also have that feature?

If so I'll avoid the Solo for my situation mentioned in my thread.

I seriously doubt you can program it for consoles.

It says so here:

http://www.xgaming.com/support/questions/15/X-Arcade%E2%84%A2+Programming+Guide

Once again even though it's in writing, I'm not 100% sure.

I didn't have a great experience with those guys. They sent me a non working adapter and it took them almost two months to send a replacement. Also, when it 'advertised' that you can change it to 4-way mode "easily" it just simply was not true. For the solo you have to literally bend metal contacts and once you do its trial and error for your controllers responsiveness to games.

Its a nice stick (solo) but I probably won't ever buy another one from them.