Ends - Next Sat.
jblenkle - 37,300
roadrunner - 23,700
zylon - 30,300
Jess - 236,200
jblenkle - 7
roadrunner - 10
Torr - 2
LarcenTyler - 2
zylon - 8
skosh - 6
BillyHW - 1
Jess - 3
Tips and Tricks:
* Rastan's jumps are a little strange, affected by the direction you hold the d-pad rather than the length of time you hold the button. Holding up along with jump lets him jump higher. You can also high jump to the left or right by holding up-left or up-right, but you won't get much horizontal reach out of these. Finally, you'll want to stick with the short jumps if you're in a cramped corridor, lest you bump your head on the ceiling and plunge into the fiery depths below.
* Hazards like fiery pits and raging rivers won't kill you outright, instead taking a small amount of health. However, the damage is cumulative, and you stand to take a lot of it if you don't get out immediately! Hop out quickly, or leap to a raft if one happens to drift past.
* The designers like to hide spears in the walls and floors of dungeons. Tread carefully, looking for white pixels that seem out of place. They're usually the tips of spears.
* Enemies occasionally drop items, including gems which are worth a lot of points. You could theoretically sit in one area and just pick off monsters as they walk onscreen to drive up your score, but the levels darken if you dawdle, making it difficult to see your surroundings. (There may also be a time limit for stages; I haven't figured this out yet.)
* Bonus weapons like axes and flaming swords can be helpful, but aren't permanent. You can expect them to last about a minute... after that, they disappear and you're returned to the default sword.
* Chimeras (those lion-like things with the three heads) are especially bothersome, spitting out stars that are difficult to avoid. Pick them off before they climb up to your level to keep them from coughing up these projectiles.
* Memorization is key to your long-term survival. Playing through levels repeatedly will reveal all their hidden traps, making them a cinch to play through and maximizing your score.
You CAN point farm in stages if you're so inclined, but after sundown the regular enemies are replaced with bees and bats, the bane of every gamer's existence. If you farm for points, stay close to the exit so you can escape once the more aggravating nocturnal foes make their appearance.
Also, if you get really low on health, milk enemies for potions (the blue ones... don't drink the red ones!) and the elusive golden ram's head that will return you to full health. You run the risk of bringing out the bats this way, but if you're already very weak, what do you have to lose? It could be the Hail Mary pass that keeps you in the game.
Edited by BioForceApe, Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:48 PM.