IGNORED

HSC Round 4.39: Super Zaxxon

Patience? I think my patience has run out. I must have played a hundred credits trying to top my previous score, but came up with nothing. Who the heck picked this torturous game anyways? I can't wait for the next round to start.

Edited by BillyHW

Desert Falcon for the 2600/7800 plays like Zaxxon.

It's more fun with all the power ups it has and cool music.

I have never tried Desert Falcon. When I am at my Brothers house, I'll have to give that one a try.

A tip - :)

You have to match up different hieroglyphs for power ups like speed up , decoy, and invincible.

Let's bump it up a notch, shall we?

I can see this week is going to be exciting to watch.

MO.

Hope you saved yourself some time before baseball, bro!

post-27528-0-00030000-1341122483_thumb.jpg

This run could have (SHOULD have) been so much better. I successfully flew through the last skinny opening leading to the 2nd boss, and had ALL MY FUCKING LIVES, but before the boss came out I smashed into a fuel tank. Then, the game put me back a wall or two and I lost all but one of my lives smashing into walls. Un-fucking-real on the fail scale.

Edited by Cynicaster
  • Like 1

Let's bump it up a notch, shall we?

I can see this week is going to be exciting to watch.

MO.

Hope you saved yourself some time before baseball, bro!

post-27528-0-00030000-1341122483_thumb.jpg

This run could have (SHOULD have) been so much better. I successfully flew through the last skinny opening leading to the 2nd boss, and had ALL MY FUCKING LIVES, but before the boss came out I smashed into a fuel tank. Then, the game put me back a wall or two and I lost all but one of my lives smashing into walls. Un-fucking-real on the fail scale.

Excellent score, Matt. I don't see myself topping that score. At least you didn't drop this bomb at 11:57am on Sunday Morning, which gives us a glimmer of hope to beat it.

My only concern now is that the B man is going to slip a 40k score in there and edge me out at the last moment.

Looks like it's back to the Super Zaxxon board......

ps. No baseball this week, so I will be able to play a bit more than usual.....hehehe

Edited by M.A.M.E Offender

My only concern now is that the B man is going to slip a 40k score in there and edge me out at the last moment.

Looks like it's back to the Super Zaxxon board......

Well I am up and running for the last 3 hours here. I've already got the tourney thread keyed up and ready to paste. I'm not gonna make any promises or anything, but I am going to give this game a few more tries.

B

You can see how many credits you've used by going to Bookkeeping Info in the MAME menu, I've done 316 this week.

I'm at 117 credits. I have several rage quits though. I still hit the 1st wall sometimes then I use F10 to skip on through. I also have 1:55:37 hours of total game play.

B