IGNORED

Work In Progress: "Bentley Bear: Crystal Quest"

PacManPlus

Thanks all:

@RevEng - On Rosegarden's webpage, I see they are tailored for Linux. While I have Linux on my Rasbperry Pi, I do my 7800 work on my Windows PC. I'll see if I can convert it for Windows.

@Mimo - Hey! Long time no hear! :) Sorry for the delayed response, I see you've posted a thread in the 8-bit forum. Tredbor did the same in the 8-Bit Programming forum. There is one person who replied to me, so I'll reply to his PM in a few. Hope all is well.

Thanks, guys!

Bob

Ah - thanks, I will check that out and see if it works with my USB -> MIDI cable.

THANK YOU!

I also have to respond to another PM from someone who wants to give it a shot.

:)

EDIT - BTW, RMT is out; I found out that I don't have enough ROM space in the main section ($C000-$FFFF) to include the player, and the banks don't have enough space each for a good length RMT file.

Oh - I didn't know you had started. :( Sorry...

BTW, the person taking on the music, is extending the 'classical' theme of music from Crystal Castles (which I think is a great idea). It's also cool to note that this game will come out exactly 30 years after Crystal Castles (of course that will be part of the story...)

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 4

I have to say that I concur with TrekMD...it is AWESOME.

It is nothing short of amazing what you have done with this game and on the 7800 as well. I am floored by what can now be done on the 7800.....aw man if they only knew back in the day what they made......endless possiblilites.

Astounding! It is bitter-sweet now to experience this amazing game. To think what Atari could have done with the 7800 system and games if they would have invested in the hardware like Nintendo did with expanding the NES capabilities by adding hardware to their cartridges. Atari did so little to almost nothing in this area; BallBlazer and Commando being a couple of exceptions.

Luckily, the investment in the hardware is only once with the XM for us now.

Fantastic and amazing job with the music and the entire game overall; cannot wait for the final product. THANK YOU!

As far as I am aware, the game will work on stock 7800 hardware, but without the music. He's put in stock TIA sounds as placeholders, but those who have XM get to hear the music.

Speaking of which, I got a lot of music left to do. :) Many thanks to PacManPlus for letting me work on this with him.

• Like 3

:love:

You guys are awesome :)

To answer Pacmania's question (and to add to Synthpopalooza's response), this is an XM game, although it will work without one - just with no audio.

A huge thank you to you as well, Synthpopalooza - for stepping up to the plate and working on the Pokey Audio. I was starting to lose interest in this game until you came along (mostly because of the issues I was having trying to get my MIDI -> Pokey working). I do plan on getting back to that anyway... If I make an entire editor out of it, I can use it. :)

Glad you all like it. The music made more of a difference than I realized.

:)

Bob

• Like 3