IGNORED

Work In Progress: "Bentley Bear: Crystal Quest"

PacManPlus

@Bob

Looking forward to purchase this great release in the AA store. Actually, I just ordered six homebrews for my arriving 7800 and all are done by you :) I just hope you get a fair share of all AA store purchases and Albert doesn't gobble it all up :-D

Please keep games like these coming :thumbsup:

Why only six ? :grin: I hope you ordered Failsafe .

• Like 1

Why only six ? :grin: I hope you ordered Failsafe .

You can't go wrong with Bob's homebrews, they are fantastic - I purchased and own them all.

Additionally, don't forget about Ken Siders phenomenal ports of Q*bert (b*nQ) and BurgerTime (Beef Drop) available in the AtariAge store.

We're fortunate the 7800 has some excellent homebrews developed and even more active on the horizon.

• Like 2

So I minor question: did the composer of the music have Dance of the Hours or Hello Muddah in mind?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/199637-work-in-progress-bentley-bear-crystal-quest/page-26?do=findComment&comment=2780860

Likely lean more strongly towards Dance of the Hours considering the rest of the musical choices and the way he was selecting/weighing them.

Synthpopalooza can answer it best of course. :)

So I minor question: did the composer of the music have Dance of the Hours or Hello Muddah in mind?

Both actually. :) I wanted to go with a classical theme for the music, like the original arcade game, and I remembered this piece of music from Disney's "Fantasia", which originally inspired the Alan Sherman song. Plus, coincidentally it seems, some people associate it with an 80's Charmin ad too.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I got a brief chance to play this at the AtariAge booth at the Classic Games Fest in Austin TX a few weeks ago. I only got a couple of minutes in as people were lining up to try it! The emulator helped me out when I got home and I had a great time playing the rest of the current available build!

I know this has been said before, but this game hits a very emotional nerve for me as I always knew that my 7800 could handle something like this. A big thanks to everyone involved in making this happen!

Here's a very small detail that I appreciated: Bentley seems to walk and behave exactly as his character did in his original arcade game. Brilliant!

I'm still new here. Do I need to succinctly state that I want to buy one of these, at this point? (Because I'd really like 2, if anybody's counting!)

Crazy Brix is also still getting a lot of play at my house!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks you for the kind words! :) Glad you enjoy it. BTW, did you finish the game?

(and thank you for the compliments on Crazy Brix as well) :)

Bob

I didn't finish it, yet. I'm at level 4 round 3 and still playing. Tons of fun!

I'm using the ProSystem emulator and the version you posted in November 2013. Is that the latest? Is that the best emulator to test with?

The Tchailovsky and Dukas are great and seem to fit the game perfectly!

I was looking for something like Crazy Brix for a long time! I'd suggest a port to other systems, but I wouldn't want to use anything other than a paddle to play it!

Keep up the great work!

Cheers!