IGNORED

Last 3 games you played?

Passing the evening hours with some arcade classics, while I was searching for an unknown old game whose clunky theme tune is stuck in my head:

Mr. Do! - Playing Mr Do never gets old!

Balloon Bomber - The craters box me in so fast it isn't enjoyable to play. I guess you have to shoot all the bombs as they fall to have longevity, but my aim (or maybe controller) is just not good enough.

Flicky - I'm still getting better at herding those little piopio ;)

Through the magic of emulation

Mr. Do!

Mysterious Stones - games like this and Frenzy where the character shoots off-center from his body drive me nuts - I can never aim effectively.

Escape From the Planet of the Robot Monsters - very attractive graphics and fun to watch the action, but I'm having trouble not dying all the time.

All 2600:

The Last Ninja

Parachute

Juno First

The Last Ninja I was able to beat in about a minute. Does that sound right to anyone else? Parachute seemed to be broken after the first couple of levels. Is that right, too?

Kicking myself for not looking too closely at these.

Escape From The Planet Of Robot Monsters

Play that one much? I enjoy the graphics, but I can't master it, and just die and hit the respawn repeatedly

via the emulatronics wayback machine:

Mappy - just trying this out for only the second time, and I don't remember it from the 1980's

Galaxian - about 20% of the alien ranks are open spaces, but I hit those gaps 40% of the time?

and one of my top-5 faves,

Omega Race - only one of 6 games was over 50000 points, driving like a drunk

Edited by bkrownd
  • Like 1

^ Escape From Planet Of The Robot Monsters isn't a particularly good game.. clunky movement and the same warbly synthesized voice from Paperboy.. there is a DUCK button if you didn't realize (I didn't at first), that allows you to dodge a good portion of the robots' fire.. plus, you NEED to duck to kill the shorter 'bots. Keep in mind your continues are limited, to about maybe 12-15 or so..? It's funny the way it pays homage/pokes fun at B-movies, but I wouldn't really recommend it to gamers. If you must play, remember to get to the escalator/stairs switch as quick as possible and then get to escalator/stairs to move to the next floor, then find your way to the next switch/elevators or teleporter ASAP. Don't dawdle with 'bots or trying to get lots of hostages.

• Like 1

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Playstation <- been playing this a lot lately, and although this game isn't really one I normally play, I really enjoy it. However, after watching a longplay of it on youtube, I am doubting that I can beat it now. I thought I was so much closer to being done. :(

Zoocube - Gamecube

Super Monkey Ball 2 - Gamecube

Burgertime (Arcade)

Alien Crush(Turbo Grafx 16)

Ms.Pac-Man (Atari 7800 ProSystem)

At first I thought Ms.Pac-Man for the 7800 kinda sucks compared to the 5200 version,but it has grown on me,and yes Alien Crush seriously kicks ass! :love: