IGNORED

Last 3 games you played?

CRAZY CLIMBER

DEATH RACE

GUN FRONTIER

all arcade

So I assume these are on MAME?

I have vague memories of playing Death Race at the carnival (Which came through town once a year for "Frontier Days") and seeing that cool marquee and maybe side art (?)...Obviously it was a long time ago. I'm thinking sometime in the 1970's.

I also always used to play that shark hunting game like you see in Jaws...The name escapes me, but when you kill a shark a very cool graphic plays...Something that looked way too realistic for the time. I read much later that it used a spinning disc, paired with a strobe light or something like that every time you killed the shark...

Update/Edit: The Shark game was called Killer Shark (SEGA 1972).

Edited by GoldLeader
  • Like 1

So I assume these are on MAME?

I have vague memories of playing Death Race at the carnival (Which came through town once a year for "Frontier Days") and seeing that cool marquee and maybe side art (?)...Obviously it was a long time ago. I'm thinking sometime in the 1970's.

I also always used to play that shark hunting game like you see in Jaws...The name escapes me, but when you kill a shark a very cool graphic plays...Something that looked way too realistic for the time. I read much later that it used a spinning disc, paired with a strobe light or something like that every time you killed the shark...

Update/Edit: The Shark game was called Killer Shark (SEGA 1972).

Death Race was only playable through an emulator that can deal with Discrete Integrated Circuit logic-- here's the link:

http://fabslab.itch.io/death-race

I don't know much about the Jaws game-- it sounds like an electromechanical game where you physically use a mounted rifle to shoot at lights (or in this case sharks). Just like a billion other arcade games at the time before the video revolution took over. And thus, not really worth emulating IMHO.

• Like 1

Wrecking Crew

Jaws

House of The Dead 2

I officially hate the NES.

SMB 1-3 are great classics, Zelda 1 & 2 are great as well, and Metroid, is also fun...

I cant find another game on that system worth playing...

Even when I think of the exclusive games like TMNT and Friday the 13th, games I enjoyed as a kid and have gotten good enough to beat... they are just flawed beyond reason...

The ONLY reason I think they turned out the way they did was they had playtesters who were very good at games, and therefor they kept jacking up the difficulty with ridiculous things like randomizations and ridiculous respawn rates just to make sure these expert playtesters would need a month or two to be able to figure out and beat them, but then when they were released on the public... they were just... Ecco The Dolphins, good games made TOO hard for their own good.

Just got the N8 Everdrive, so I played a ton of games for a handful of minutes, but the real answer recently is Zanac on the Colecovision Super Game Module thingie and Gunhouse on the PS4. Gunhouse is a puzzle / tower defense game and is slowly consuming my free time and my very life.

• Like 1