IGNORED

Atari 2600 Brotherhood

atari5200dude82

Sorry to reply to and derail the 2600 hurrah thread.

Its not a bad thing. but its kinda like what i mean when i say 2600 is everything is that this is atari age forum. without the 2600 there would have been atari nothing. anyone reading anything on any atari age forum should know all about the 2600 or know of its existance.

to me the 2600 brotherhood is saying yeah i like classic games. and classic to me is 25-30 years old min. nes and the like are modern as they were these blow your mind graphics etc.

maybe im freaking old. hell this guy at work 66 years old said he used to play atari 2600 i thought that was strange. but i guess he would been in his 30s.

I guess rock on " brotherhoods" if you will..

Just thought the other ataris etc5200 needed them to be different or say look wees different.. but callin a 26 bro hood is like saying hey yeah we all breath oxygen.. lets get matching underwear.

This is my opinion. not intended to insult anyone.

Edited by Jinks

Not to ruffle any feathers here, but these brotherhoods seem a little silly to me. They're classic gaming fan clubs on forums already dedicated to classic gaming...the fandom is implied just by being here and by the forums you frequent.

I'm probably taking the whole concept way too seriously (or maybe you guys are, if you feel the need to form brotherhoods :P ), but I never joined any of the brotherhoods -I think the Intellivision one was the first- just out of principle. They just seem redundant to me.

(Now, if someone wants to start a Studio II or Channel F brotherhood, I could get on board with that. :-D )

But hey, who am I to judge? If it makes you happy and it's fun for you, then go crazy, brother!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for joining! No prototypes or holy grails required.

To join, just comment here saying you're in.

There isn't an official signature, but I personally use this one:

Member of the Atari 2600 Brotherhood! Want more info? http://atariage.com/forums/topic/199977-atari-2600-brotherhood/

Edited by HawkMines
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...