IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

Last one. Some priest I found at deviantart but I cannot ehm... refind it for proper credit :/

76 colours.

attachicon.gifivop-priest.png

attachicon.gifivop-priest.xex

Given the extremly good output, that's not a hard job for Google Image Search :-)

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Preparing-to-Slay-Undead-Pathfinder-452979412

• Like 1

Very nice row of images. Showing the huge variations of available colours.

Thanks! I did try to use different images with different palettes. Could have done all the grayish and greenish elves of Wesnoth, but that would have been boring :)

Given the extremly good output, that's not a hard job for Google Image Search :-)

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Preparing-to-Slay-Undead-Pathfinder-452979412

Good idea to use Image Search. That's indeed the original image :)

Edited by ivop

ivop - it looks like you did not use dithering on these images. Did you do any pre-processing? Can you please share the settings you used when converting these images?

You are right, I did not use any dithering. With uniform backgrounds and dithering of the foreground you get blocks at the edges of your subject very quickly and they don't go away after a few billion iterations.

Here's the original Delfador:

post-20947-0-93515200-1486072961_thumb.png

I selected this one because our Atari is good at purples. I made a cut-out with a 4:3 aspect ratio and resized it to 320x240 and increased the colour saturation extensively:

post-20947-0-16673100-1486073134_thumb.png

Command line: (I used a similar command line for all the other images)

rastaconv /i=delf.png /pal=Palettes/laoo.act \
          /dither=none /filter=box /o=output.png \
          /s=10000 /threads=8 /init=smart \
          /save=1000000

I tried using dithering with the following details image:

post-20947-0-04883700-1486073094_thumb.png

The idea was that rastaconv would not extend blocks of colour and underlays beyond the silhouette, but that failed.

edit: I ran these conversions on a 3.5GHz octa-core CPU overnight.

Edited by ivop
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the no-dither option, inspired by others results and having not tried to create an image for awhile. Rasta runs fine on my configuration of Windows (10), but when I try to use the generator, either through the GUI front-end or through the build file in the generator folder (pasting all needed files), all I get are exception errors or "output,xex" not found. Oh, well.

gallery_3306_587_19093.png

• Like 2

Tried the no-dither option, inspired by others results and having not tried to create an image for awhile. Rasta runs fine on my configuration of Windows (10), but when I try to use the generator, either through the GUI front-end or through the build file in the generator folder (pasting all needed files), all I get are exception errors or "output,xex" not found. Oh, well.At

Are you sure all the needed files are there?

Can you attach the ZIP file with all the Generator folder that returns the error?

• 2 weeks later...