IGNORED

Collections

Michael David Morsette

What's that cart with the lump on the back (with curved lip) is that Klax? I've never seen one with a lump on the back like that...

EDIT: Nice collection btw! You need to get some of that Meguiars PlastX on some of those screens =) I polished my Lynx 1 yesterday for a good 10 minutes and it looks new now.

Edited by GadgetUK

Yes that is the Japanese version of Klax, I have the US version beside it. The two photos of Klax are both the two vdon,ions side by side so you can see the difference in the labels and the cart shape.

Yeah some of my screens are a little rough. The Game Gear actually looks a lot worse in the photo than in person, I didn't even notice the scratches until I was doing the photo. The Nomad though is in pretty bad shape, in fact it looks worse in person, but I have some repairs all lined up for that one. Soon it will be near mint condition thanks to Golden Ax :)

Edited by MrBland

• 1 month later...

Lol, you spotted it as well :P Theres no way it was worth $999 - I pointed out that eric was doing these for like $100 but might not be doing a run for a few months yet, so agreed $200. I just hope it works OK. I will dump the ROM image when I get it and might release it if Eric has no plans to produce more carts. I also still want one of Erics carts if he does do another run and in that case I wont release it just yet. It will devalue my purchase but thats not the point, these should all be in the public domain now imo.

Its not one of Erics carts, not sure if Lance or someone did this one. It doesnt have an Atari PCB either - looks homebrew.

Edited by GadgetUK

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some hard orange cases, I know at least some of these are produced by Lars

IMG_20121107_210428.jpg

These are my favorite cases, Lynxman is responsible for at least a couple of these

IMG_20121107_210541.jpg

Another new new addition

IMG_20121107_210702.jpg

Now I did already have Bitchy, but I had only the cart. So I traded that one away and got this complete one.

Another new addition

IMG_20121107_211123.jpg IMG_20121107_211131.jpg

This is one that was produced by Nimtene when Yastuna 2 was first released

This is the cart for "Lynx invades Japan" in the VHS type case

IMG_20121107_211154.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments.

@Karri: Solitaire is one of, if not the best looking packaging jobs for the Lynx. Great job :)

@GadgetUK: Are you going to post some pics of your collection.

@Icedawg: Post as you get your games, especially your carts. I'd love to see what variations you find.

@GadgetUK: Are you going to post some pics of your collection?

I will try and find time over next few weeks! Possibly over XMAS when I am next off work.

I keep meaning to post a load of Lynx related stuff - ive been mad busy and suffer from long term illness which is a pain (not life threatening just restricting..,)

Ive got a guide to programming Lynx EPROMs and converting homebrew / proto carts into a pseudo flash cart by using a simple ziff socket. Also details on how to create a dump rig for 256K or 512K carts. In addition I want to mod the controls of one of my 'screen faulty' lynxes - to replace buttons with something more tactile (like microswitches or buttons used in mice) but I am waiting on Candle to create us a new LCD first on that one. I also still need to get the right version of Visual Studio up and running so I can start developing for the lynx...

I have a couple new handhelds too

Virtual Boy

IMG_20121107_211545.jpg

and the Entex Adventure Vision

well this one I can't provide a picture of yet. Afraid it is off for repairs, hopefully I'll have it back in mint condition soon (fingers crossed)

Very nice Atari Lynx collection! Do you think that you will be going for a complete Virtual Boy collection as well? My Virtual Boy collection is the first complete collection that I've ever created for any system, which you can see here:

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/usercenter/index.php?section=collection&uid=1643

I must confess that Virtual Boy is my number one favorite system, but Atari Lynx comes in at number 2! I hope to make my Atari Lynx collection as complete as possible in the not-too-distant future.

Well I don't plan on trying for a complete collection, but my four year old and I are really enjoy Wario so I'll keep buying games that look fun. Thanks for sharing that link, that is a nice looking collection.

Are you still actively collecting for Virtual Boy? I know it is "complete" but are there any original protos or things of that nature you are looking for?

Next I'll probibly slowly get variations of Lynx games; curved, flat, ridged, Japanese boxes, etc.

Edited by MrBland

Well, there are the highly coveted prototype games such as Dragon Hopper, Zero Racers, and Faceball, which everyone who knows about the Virtual Boy is looking for. Not even the ROMs of these games are available anywhere online, so tracking them down and getting to play them at all is a really big thing for Virtual Boy fans. Chances are, if I can ever get my hands on an unreleased prototype game, it is going to cost me a large fortune. Nevertheless, I may try to do just that.

Then there are the prototype systems which are also extremely expensive if they can be found at all. I would love to add any of them to my collection as well.

Yeah... if there is anything Virtual Boy-related that I don't have, I try to get it if I can, so my collection still has room to grow, and thus, I'm still actively collecting for it.

Edited by BenjaminStevens