IGNORED

Fix-It Felix Jr. Atari 2600 Game?

Hello,

Are there any Atari 2600 Programmers who would like to tackle the "Fix-It Felix Jr." Atari 2600 game? "Fix-It Felix Jr." is a fictional old school arcade game created for the new Disney Film "WRECK-IT RALPH" and Disney has released Flash versions of the "Fix-It Felix Jr." game on line to play.

This game is Screaming for an Atari 2600 Cart Release.

post-7957-0-65508700-1342447509_thumb.jpg

I can already hear lawyers writing the C&D letters...

True! The game itself looks pretty generic-- I'm not sure how many other games feature a building with windows, but "2600 Spiderman" comes to mind for one. So what we could do is create a sort of knock-off of "Fix-It Felix Jr.," such as a window-washing game. Birds fly by and poop on the windows, so Wendell the window-wiper has to go up and down the side of the building to wipe the windows clean. You have to avoid open windows with people looking out (because they don't like getting a face full of window-cleaning spray), and on higher levels you have to watch out for things like falling flower pots that were knocked out the windows by cats trying to catch the birds as they fly by.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Posted this in the other thread, but this is the first Vid of the actual game that I've seen. Seems a bit different from the flash version

I wish the version in the cab would leak out!

I really dig this game,

I would love to play it in one of my cabs.

Edited by SILKIE

The aesthetics of the original game totally resembles early NES games (although Ralph and Felix use way too many colors), but I believe the mechanics could work decently on the 2600.

Ralph is always above Felix, so he could be drawn with both players and retain his massive physical dimensions. Falling bricks could be done with one player and its missile, and Felix would use the other player, and possibly its missile. The building would have to be done with the playfield, which could make the representation of broken windows tricky.

The aesthetics of the original game totally resembles early NES games (although Ralph and Felix use way too many colors), but I believe the mechanics could work decently on the 2600.

Ralph is always above Felix, so he could be drawn with both players and retain his massive physical dimensions. Falling bricks could be done with one player and its missile, and Felix would use the other player, and possibly its missile. The building would have to be done with the playfield, which could make the representation of broken windows tricky.

Please make one! :)

They built a few for promotional purposes only. Some have actual working games in them, others just run in demo mode. They had a working one at Classic Gaming Expo this summer.

Ah, I see :)

Hopefully the movie will be a hit so they pop a few of these out on locations. I wonder if it uses actual hardware... That would be sweet if it is an actual jamma PCB inside!