IGNORED

Ultimate 1MB ROM Generator

AtariGeezer

Ultimate 1MB ROM Generator's ROM Description  

27 members have voted

1. 1. When entering a Description for a ROM, what is easier for you?

• 1) Enter a Description after a ROM is loaded
    • 2) Enter a Description of a ROM even if it isn't loaded first
  2. 2. If you selected #2 Above, would you prefer to have the program:

• A) Change the Description's Color to RED to Remind you to load a ROM for it's Slot
    • B) Leave the Description's Color as Black
    • C) I chose #1

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Perhaps a slight bit offtopic, but still...

With the current more-or-less available flasher it is needed to flash (at least) 64KB, since it erases 64KB from the entered start page. Is this due to nature of used flash EEprom in Ultimate1MB or is this a 'shortcoming' of the existing flasher? It would be very handy if I could only flash 16KB for one OS... or 8KB for just one 8K rom, and leaving the rest of the Ultimate the way it is.

Question two:

Will the flasher always be needing SDX? The current flasher needs SDX.

Thanks

M.

I think that we need a dummy 'ULTIMATE.ROM' to use as a starting point, and then it would be easier to evaluate the problem..

I voted for #1, because that is my mind set.

Great program..

This is the 512k ROM that can be used to test it with.

ultimate1mb-v2.zip

It is NOT advisable to use this with an EPROM Burner if your Xilinx chip hasn't been upgraded first...

Jay

I voted 1. As default name I would take the file name without the extension. If your files have good names then you don't have to change the name afterwards.

Robert

Take a look at the descriptions with the ROM image I just posted ;)

The descriptions contain more than just a filename...

Jay

Loaded the .rom file you provided, clicked the save .atr. I am getting this message (Windows 7, 64bit): "Error Loading Flasher"

There's no flasher with which to create the ATR yet, unfortunately. Hopefully it won't be too long in coming. All we can do at the moment is save the ROM image.

Loaded the .rom file you provided, clicked the save .atr. I am getting this message (Windows 7, 64bit): "Error Loading Flasher"

There's no flasher with which to create the ATR yet, unfortunately. Hopefully it won't be too long in coming. All we can do at the moment is save the ROM image.

Oh Ok FJC, I just thought it would create the .atr file for the flasher.... so this is a front-end to the flasher

Jay, setting box background to grey means to disable the control, not to literally set the color ;)

if i choose "set box color to grey" in settings menu i can actually edit the thing ;)

there is a function "graymenuitem" i was reffering to when saying about setting it to gray