IGNORED

Lynx Game List

Michael David Morsette

I went ahead and bought "Manga Poker" today on Ebay, since I like collecting stand-alone carts of all Lynx games, plus I like the packaging that he makes for the games. I've never heard of the game before but figured there is probably a ROM of it floating around out there somewhere, but if so, I have no idea where I would find it. I thought that maybe whoever made it simply altered one of the already existing poker games for Lynx and added manga characters to it, but I won't know what it actually is until the game arrives, unless someone else who knows more can give more details about the game.

Very nice, this guy sells some of my prototype games. nice. I really like that.

I´m pretty sure the "Manga Poker" is one of the games on the "Lynx Mega Pak 1" from Songbird :

http://songbird-prod.../megapak1.shtml

Several people from AA have contributed to this pack, it has a big thread here....I fail to find it atm.

That poker is floating around on the net. I think the author is japanese - there are two versions, a 256Kb ver and a 512Kb version with better music.

Edited by GadgetUK

I´m pretty sure the "Manga Poker" is one of the games on the "Lynx Mega Pak 1" from Songbird :

http://songbird-prod.../megapak1.shtml

Several people from AA have contributed to this pack, it has a big thread here....I fail to find it atm.

Is the "Manga Poker" game in Mega Pak 1 a game that must be unlocked? If so, do you know how one can unlock it?

If Magna Poker really is in Mega Pak then I'm going to leave this version off the list for now. I may list it under Pirated versions later.

No, the only game that is hidden in Mega Pak is an adventure game by Scott Adams modified for the Lynx.

--

Karri

I was looking over the list and noticed I have listed "Poker 110"

Lynx Game List Part 2

I ran it on aLynx and I think this is "Magna Poker". When you get it let me know if it is the same, BenjaminStevens.

I believe I found the ROM on a Japanese blog that had a couple ROMs including a Taxi movie ROM I didn't list. The ROM was only labeled Poker 110, I couldn't find an info page on it.

Edited by MrBland

Here is the site I found it on, but it looks like they changed the game name to just "Homebrew Poker"

http://d.hatena.ne.j...=*[ATARI LYNX]/

Edit:

http:pic.hatena.ne.j.../20080503124025

I just noticed in the pic linked above (for some reason it wouldn't let me embed) it shows this poker, Lynx II and the Mega Pak case together in the same pic. This leads me to wonder if it isn't on the Mega Pak. When I get a chance I'll have to dig it out and see if I can find this game on Mega Pak.

Edited by MrBland

I ran it on aLynx and I think this is "Magna Poker". When you get it let me know if it is the same, BenjaminStevens.

Okay. I'll try to do that.

I see that the seller on that website has added some new titles to his list of Lynx games, including "Gotballs Demo" and "Kistenschieben."

I contacted the seller and spoke with him a little. It turns out that "Dynalynx" is sage's prototype game and, therefore, is a different game than "Dynablaster." It is also true that "Teenage" is "Teen Dance."

*EDIT: Well, he had "Gotballs Demo" listed for about a day, but now it appears that it has been removed from the list.

Edited by BenjaminStevens

I see that the seller on that website has added some new titles to his list of Lynx games, including "Gotballs Demo" and "Kistenschieben."

I contacted the seller and spoke with him a little. It turns out that "Dynalynx" is sage's prototype game and, therefore, is a different game than "Dynablaster." It is also true that "Teenage" is "Teen Dance."

I just wonder what he thinks selling this on ROM as the text in the archive (and in game info) state clearly that this is illegal?

Here is the site I found it on, but it looks like they changed the game name to just "Homebrew Poker"

http://d.hatena.ne.j...=*[ATARI LYNX]/

Edit:

http:pic.hatena.ne.j.../20080503124025

I just noticed in the pic linked above (for some reason it wouldn't let me embed) it shows this poker, Lynx II and the Mega Pak case together in the same pic. This leads me to wonder if it isn't on the Mega Pak. When I get a chance I'll have to dig it out and see if I can find this game on Mega Pak.

Exceed from Pastel Spirits was the author of the Black Jack game on MegaPak I.

There was a ton of other games that never made it to MegaPak I due to the size of the available rom. Some entries went to Yastuna I and II and some ones never got published.

--

Karri

Edited by karri

Tetrisnoid was made for Megapak in first intention, but was not not advanced enough to be in the list when Karri and Carl made the cut. I continued working on it and put it into Yastuna 1., with some other games written after.

Concerning Teen Sance, i explicitly wrote and said it was not for sale because it uses copyrighted assets. Anata also has been very clear about Rapid Racer status. Sage also about his games.

This piracy has been lasting for years when there is money to make…

A couple of sound driver tests on his site as well, R-Type and Splatter House, (look down the left hand side for the downloads):-

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/EXCEED/searchdiary?word=%2A%5BATARI%20LYNX%5D

There is a 512Kb version of the poker ROM as well that I downloaded last year, but I can't see that on his site any more - it basically uses (from what I hear) sampled instruments which sound way better than the 256Kb versions.

I was looking over the list and noticed I have listed "Poker 110"

Lynx Game List Part 2

The "Manga Poker" game arrived to me yesterday. Yes, it is definitely the same game as "Poker 110."

The link that MrBland gave above, so this one: http://d.hatena.ne.j...=*[ATARI LYNX]/, shows two screenshots of "Poker 110," which is also called "Homebrew Poker" if you download it from the site in MrBland's list, and which is also called "Manga Poker" if you buy it from the aforementioned website. So they are all the same game.

The game that looks very similar to it in MegaPak 1 is not a poker game but rather is Blackjack. Blackjack has the same solid green background and cute little manga character that deals you the cards in Poker 110 = Homebrew Poker = Manga Poker, but you play the Blackjack card game in MegaPak 1 instead of a poker card game.

EDIT:

Actually, the youtube video given at the above site shows some nice gameplay footage of Poker 110 = Homebrew Poker = Manga Poker:

Edited by BenjaminStevens

• 2 months later...

I added a few updates to the game list today.

Lynx Game List Part 1

Lynx Game List Part 2

Lynx Music & SFX, The castle of Khon-gis, Kill the Lynx, and Chip 8 are all on the list now. I hope this list is helpful. If you know of some others that should be listed let me know.

Here's the real instructions for Bubble Trouble

IMG-2.jpg

And here's the box (game came in a green Telegames box)

IMG_0001.jpg

Edited by high voltage