IGNORED

Which cart am I?

bomberpunk

thegoldenband is correct, it's Defender. It was one of my favorite arcade games that I would go to the local 7-11 to play. I still remember how surprised I was when it showed up on Merv Griffin and was shown for the 2600. The second clue refers to the easter egg of the programmers initials which is on the 25th level holding a human below the 25th scan line. The last clue is a reference to changing the mountains to a city scape for the 2600 version.

• Like 1

The first thing I think of with "I miss the mountains" is Defender, but I can't connect the other clues.

Nice one, the only clue that made sense to me was "miss the mountains" and I thought as you went further in Space Invaders you have no protection from the things that I guess could be considered "mountains" . I KNOW I was reaching, but I have not got any right for awhile now. :_(

Well I just spent wayyyyyy too much time researching any connection between Merv Griffin and Atari; turns out Merv and Ted Dabney went to the same high school. Then I got sucked into a game show wiki and barely made it out alive. I will sit the rest of this one out.

Me too!! They have an Intellivsion clip on Youtube, but that was all I was able to find. And I am pretty sure the "Merv Griffin show" is just a sketch from sctv?

The first thing I think of with "I miss the mountains" is Defender, but I can't connect the other clues.

Nice one, the only clue that made sense to me was "miss the mountains" and I thought as you went further in Space Invaders you have no protection from the things that I guess could be considered "mountains" . I KNOW I was reaching, but I have not got any right for awhile now. :_(

Space Invaders was one of my guesses too for the same reason. I also guessed Mountain King and Defender. I just didn't say anything because I wanted to find a clip of the show and figure out the number 25.

• Like 1

Well I just spent wayyyyyy too much time researching any connection between Merv Griffin and Atari; turns out Merv and Ted Dabney went to the same high school. Then I got sucked into a game show wiki and barely made it out alive. I will sit the rest of this one out.

Me too!! They have an Intellivsion clip on Youtube, but that was all I was able to find. And I am pretty sure the "Merv Griffin show" is just a sketch from sctv?

Yeah, I watched that entire HAL spaceship skit and then was like,"Intellivision!"

• Like 1