IGNORED

What is an Adventurevision worth with 2 games?

sly

The consensus is usually that if it's in the triple digits, it's probably a good deal. I really want one, but it's never going to happen. Of course, that's what I thought about the Vectrex, until I got one for $15 at the flea market. ;-) If you don't mind divulging, what's the asking price for the Adventurevision you might get?

I've received alot of private emails stating that they have seen this as high as $2500 and even one possibly at $4000. A few have sold on Ebay for at least for $1500 on Ebay a few times. I located 3 people that have them and have paid between 1700+ and kept track how much they have sold for. Of course this is boxed pricing.

Normally I'd tell you to go to www.adventurevision.com, but it's "down for maintenance", whatever that can mean regarding a site about a holy grail 20 year old system that only had four games, all of which are just as rare as the console itself. ;)

And those four games are Super Cobra, Turtles, Defender, and.... um.... some other space game I've forgotten.

As for the game itself (since Jeff's site is down) it was a portable unit released by Entex in 1982, half the price of the Vectrex but nowhere near as cool. It was interesting in that its display was generated by a strip of LED's and a rotating mirror, so the display was 150 across by 40 down. The console and its four games are emulated pretty well in MESS (http://www.mess.org if I remember right) if you wanna find out what it's like - actually fairly fun in my book, but maybe headache inducing on the real thing.

Rob

You know I have one of these duds with 3 games and it just sucks.

Yes its rare but it looked so cool I thought it would be fun. Hell my Entex Crazy Climber is great fun. This thing blows.

I paid alot for it but if I could find a trade for some other rare stuff I'd do it in a sec.

Adam

• 12 years later...

If more people had the chance to acquire one, there might be more discussion and interest. I have all kinds of interest in one, but nothing really to discuss as I know I'll never have one. This would probably be the #1 fantasy items that I would love to have for my collection. Sitting side by side with a 2600 Air Raid, I'd choose this any day.

If more people had the chance to acquire one, there might be more discussion and interest. I have all kinds of interest in one, but nothing really to discuss as I know I'll never have one. This would probably be the #1 fantasy items that I would love to have for my collection. Sitting side by side with a 2600 Air Raid, I'd choose this any day.

Air Rid is worth more though. But this is certainly more interesting.

• 1 year later...

I remember this thing. One of my friends in school had one in the 80's. I hated it. I mean really hated it. That red flickering spinning mirror nonsense. I guess the rareness and perhaps the oddity makes it appealing, but there is no way in hell I would spend any kind of decent money on it unless I were emotionally tied to it. The Vectrex was so much better in every way.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

I remember this thing. One of my friends in school had one in the 80's. I hated it. I mean really hated it. That red flickering spinning mirror nonsense. I guess the rareness and perhaps the oddity makes it appealing, but there is no way in hell I would spend any kind of decent money on it unless I were emotionally tied to it. The Vectrex was so much better in every way.

I don't remember ever seeing one in person in the 80's, as none of my friends had one. I only read about it in catalogs and magazines. I didn't get my hands on one until a couple of years ago, for $650 (a bargain). I don't get much use out of it, but it certainly is unique. Anyways there's a (sorta) similar system called the Colorvision, and It's even rarer, not to mention even less amusing. Here's a video I did on it, with size comparisons of both systems at the end:

• Like 2

Very cool video. That I have never seen :)

Yeah, the friend who had it was one of those friends whose parent bought him EVERYTHING. He would just get stuff and show it off. He'd get stuff the day it was released and make you run home and beg your parents for it just to get a resounding "NO". Yeah, it was that guy.

• Like 2

Very cool video. That I have never seen :)

Yeah, the friend who had it was one of those friends whose parent bought him EVERYTHING. He would just get stuff and show it off. He'd get stuff the day it was released and make you run home and beg your parents for it just to get a resounding "NO". Yeah, it was that guy.

I really really don't mean to come off as a bragger or former spoiled brat, but I was that guy too. The only difference is that in 1982 (when the AV came out), I was heavily into toys, so I didn't get as many video gaming items yet. But by 1987, I was getting four NES or Sega Master System games a month. And how many people in 1990 did you know to get a Neo-Geo for their birthdays? :D

• Like 1