I know you're getting sick of my Adventure games, but I decided to update EMR to DPC+. EMR II is a truer vision of an Adventure sequel that I had in mind when I was thinking up EMR, but didn't have the knowledge or the resources. I still don't have any knowledge, but I've got better resources thanks to batari basic's DPC+ kernel!
EMR II has the same basic premise as EMR in which you must reclaim the chalice from the Evil Magician and his apprentice. Here are some differences between EMR II & EMR:
• Upgraded sprites and background graphics thanks to PacManRed!
• Some mazes are from Adventure with new twists, some mazes are new.
• Dark mazes are back.
• There are now four castles to explore, complete with mazes and secret passageways.
• Home castle gate is now open - why should you have to open your own castle?
• The bat is back as the great randomizer of items.
• You can only carry one item like Adventure.
• The staff also acts as a magnet to attract objects by holding down the button.
• You can attract the staff to yourself by holding down the fire button.
• The wizards cast spells that make you go half speed.
• The Evil Magician and his apprentice have the ability to raise each other from the dead when in the same room as each other.
• A new hideous Dragon created by the Evil Magician guards the chalice on Levels 2 & 3.
EMRII16.bin 32KB 444 downloads
Last full version 8/22/12 (Randomized Level 3 is now done and working):
EMRII22.bin 32KB 491 downloads
Demo version 9/22/13 (Level 1 only with intro music and no "sticky" walls)
Thanks to PacManRed for the graphics, RevEng for the titlescreen and technical help, AtariBrian for alpha testing and TheGoldenBand for the titlescreen music!
Edited by Byte Knight, Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:27 AM.