I know you're getting sick of my Adventure games, but I decided to update EMR to DPC+. EMR II is a truer vision of an Adventure sequel that I had in mind when I was thinking up EMR, but didn't have the knowledge or the resources. I still don't have any knowledge, but I've got better resources thanks to batari basic's DPC+ kernel!
EMR II has the same basic premise as EMR in which you must reclaim the chalice from the Evil Magician and his apprentice. Here are some differences between EMR II & EMR:
• Upgraded sprites and background graphics thanks to PacManRed!
• Some mazes are from Adventure with new twists, some mazes are new.
• Dark mazes are back.
• There are now four castles to explore, complete with mazes and secret passageways.
• Home castle gate is now open - why should you have to open your own castle?
• The bat is back as the great randomizer of items.
• You can only carry one item like Adventure.
• The staff also acts as a magnet to attract objects by holding down the button.
• You can attract the staff to yourself by holding down the fire button.
• The wizards cast spells that make you go half speed.
• The Evil Magician and his apprentice have the ability to raise each other from the dead when in the same room as each other.
• A new hideous Dragon created by the Evil Magician guards the chalice on Levels 2 & 3.
• Titlescreen music (I know I always say this).
• Level 3 randomized object placement.
Only Levels 1 & 2 work so far. Level 2 has the bat and the Dragon. Check it out and let me know what you think!
EMRII16.bin 32K 176 downloads
Latest version 8/22/12 (Randomized Level 3 is now done and working):
EMRII22.bin 32K 264 downloads
Thanks to PacManRed for the graphics, RevEng for the titlescreen and technical help, and AtariBrian for alpha testing!
Edited by Byte Knight, Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:57 AM.