IGNORED

Need a small part for a 1020 plotter... can anyone help me?!?

dafivehole

I sold one of these to someone and they are telling me that it is missing a part. Here's the description:

"i received the printer today and when i went to set it up(install ink pens) the front of the print head(silver wheel with holes and color marking) is missing?"

"its about the size of a nickel with the different colors on it. it is what holds the pen tip to the paper when that color is selected?"

I want to try and get them this part but I know nothing about this printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Roger

I sold one of these to someone and they are telling me that it is missing a part. Here's the description:

"i received the printer today and when i went to set it up(install ink pens) the front of the print head(silver wheel with holes and color marking) is missing?"

"its about the size of a nickel with the different colors on it. it is what holds the pen tip to the paper when that color is selected?"

I want to try and get them this part but I know nothing about this printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Roger

It may not be worth trying to get this part, most 1020 printers are non-functional due to split plastic gears. This was a weak point in the ALPS printer mechanism used in the Atari 1020 and several other small plotter/printers, they only worked for a year or 2 then the gears split.

I have a 1020 brandenew in a sealed box. I am really surprised by the fact that it is a sealed box. I can not remember Atari ever sealed boxes. Now I'm typing this I am wondering that I might have bought a defective thing... I bought that one years ago, and I do not want to unseal it.

Anyway... I now was wondering: if the 1020 is never used, will those plastic gears be defective too?

Do you mean the part depicted below? (Or the complete carriage?)

If you pay shipping from Germany, it's yours!

BTW: The problem with the gears is, that I once also destroy one by accident: They are sitting only half on the axle of the motor (they have a collar on that side). If you think that this is wrong (it looks so) and push the wheel fully on the axle, they split between two teeth which leads to irregular movement of that axis. So DON'T TOUCH THEM!

Plastic matures, so they might be even more sensitive now - also in a 'sealed box'...

post-7778-0-35151100-1344602194_thumb.jpg

Edited by Irgendwer