IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

• 2 weeks later...

I think so. I got it find the e-store as soon as it launched.

Pokemon Picross is another digital only title that is free to play, although some things can be unlocked a lot faster if you pay for currency.

Picross 3D was one of my favourite DS titles. But I'm not much into digital only on the 3DS. It looks to have gotten a physical Japan release.

Pokemon Picross is another digital only title that is free to play, although some things can be unlocked a lot faster if you pay for currency.

I gave up on that game. Way too much grinding is required to play it for free, and it's far too easy and boring to want to pay money for it.

The Zelda Picross game isn't bad though, and so far, it's still the only reward worth getting at My Nintendo.

I think you only have to log in once a week (I think it starts over on Sunday?). You get points for logging into eShop and Miiverse, and for subscribing to their newsletter, and for clicking the loose coin on the main page. It doesn't take long to rack up 1000.

You also get points from Miitomo and probably Super Mario Runner, but I don't have a phone :)

Just for the heck of it, I decided to spend some points on rebates for Zelda 3 and Super Metroid B)

Just started into Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright – Ace Attorney. Just like expected it feels Laytonish in the Layton parts Attorneyesque in the Ace Attorney parts. So just as I thought, I like the courtroom scenes, but not the riddle parts. Hm... not sure what they expect from such a crossover, it sure won't ever make me like Layton games ;)

Been enjoying Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Ocarina of Time 3D. :)

I hope sometime in 2017 to be able to say that I'm playing 3D Turbo Outrun. Other than the retro styled racer 80's Overdrive, I don't see anything else on the horizon to look forward to in 2017 on the 3DS other than hopefully a few Selects rereleases like Majora's Mask 3D.

I'd sure love to see another N64 remake though from Grezzo, such as Super Mario 64 3D for the most obvious candidate. But I have little faith in Nintendo's claims of having big plans for the 3DS alongside the Switch.

Edited by Atariboy

I had been playing DQ7 but I got burned out as it is so slow, but also I have too many games so distraction sets in. I'm selling off some of my systems currently on ebay/elsewhere and have a non-tmss Genesis bundle to get this under control now kind of hard core. PS4 games going, Genesis and accessories 10 games going, both Game Gears are gone most games too, some DS, SNES, Famicom games and more going away. I need to curb it then come back to things.

I've wanted Senran Kagura and Hatsuke Miku for 3DS and also Mario Maker and that upcoming Yoshi title. They intend to keep it out there for awhile despite their dockable handheld Switch arrives in like 45days~. Truth be told I've been using my 3DS for DS lately and I doubt I'm alone on that.

I bought Gurumin 3D the other day, but I haven't tried it yet. And for some reason I spent $20 because the Japanese Rail Sim games were on sale =| I don't know why, I guess the demos were kind of fun in a weird way.

Was playing Fairune 2 for a bit last week B) Fun little game, they've made some decent improvements since the first one.

They intend to keep it out there for awhile despite their dockable handheld Switch arrives in like 45days~.

Well the Switch isn't replacing the 3DS, unless they're planning on releasing a pocket sized Switch later on.

Asaki I know. They've said it for awhile and repeated it I think yesterday or today too which is fine. But they also said that about Gameboy and the DS being the third pillar, and it was put out to pasture after like a year pretty much. I hope it sticks around, as it would be a nice budget (and not) box for people who want a good bit for a good bit less $.

Switch really isn't as big as people make it out to be. The dimensions are pretty well set online through various sources. I think the WiiU game pad is actually larger, definitely fatter for certain.

Oh and Gurumin is excellent. A fantastic release and pretty cute too from Falcom. I had it on PSP in the day for awhile but never did finish it, and fairly recently I got the PC conversion from GoG and put a little time into it and it has aged well and still is as fun as ever.

• 11 months later...

Bumping this thread on up because I got a Galaxy Style New 3DS XL for Christmas and am currently playing The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time 3D. It's been probably a decade since I last played Ocarina of Time (on the GameCube's The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition) and it's still just as wonderful as ever, though I feel like the 3DS version does a little more hand holding than the original. It's still a great game nevertheless though, and it looks astounding in 3D. :)

• Like 1