8 replies to this topic

#1 ProWizard OFFLINE  

ProWizard

River Patroller

• 3,320 posts
  • MyIDE 2 Conversions in Progress!

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:40 AM

Hi!

Is there a program that tests the reliability of installed memory cards?

I have on Atari 800 that keeps having problems.

Thanks
M.

#2 Rybags ONLINE  

Rybags

Quadrunner

• 12,858 posts

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:46 AM

Salt image? One of the many existing Ram testers?

Identifying a module based on failing addresses should be easy enough since the addresses should upward front module to back.

#3 ProWizard OFFLINE  

ProWizard

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,320 posts
  • MyIDE 2 Conversions in Progress!

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:18 AM

Identifying a module based on failing addresses should be easy enough since the addresses should upward front module to back.

But where are these existing RAM testers? I have always been a XL/XE user. All my software is for XL/XE not atari 800 :s ... And that SALT image. In what kind of cartridge should I put my eprom? 8K? 16K?

Thanks
M.

#4 russg OFFLINE  

russg

Stargunner

• 1,227 posts

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:04 PM

But where are these existing RAM testers? I have always been a XL/XE user. All my software is for XL/XE not atari 800 :s ... And that SALT image. In what kind of cartridge should I put my eprom? 8K? 16K?

Thanks
M.

They are 8K. I never used them, so I don't know how they work. Hmm... AA doesn't allow .ARC files. That was all we had. So the .ARC file is in the .zip file.

? double post

Edited by russg, Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:47 PM.

#5 russg OFFLINE  

russg

Stargunner

• 1,227 posts

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:12 PM

Thanks
M.

They are 8K. I never used them, so I don't know how they work. Hmm... AA doesn't allow .ARC files. That was all we had. So the .ARC file is in the .zip file.

Attached File  saltroms.zip   33.58KB   80 downloads

I tried to load them in Altirra and Awinp4, no go. So they may be no good. I've never used these ROMDUMPs.

Edited by russg, Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:13 PM.

#6 rdea6 OFFLINE  

rdea6

Stargunner

• 1,670 posts

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:46 PM

I tried to load them in Altirra and Awinp4, no go. So they may be no good. I've never used these ROMDUMPs.

These are .xex files and should be run from dos or opened with Altirra and Awinp4 as xex's.

#7 russg OFFLINE  

russg

Stargunner

• 1,227 posts

Posted Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:06 AM

These are .xex files and should be run from dos or opened with Altirra and Awinp4 as xex's.

OK, that works. I extracted the ROM file from SALT205. To do this, take off first 6 bytes of file, dump the next 8192 bytes. Now you have a ROM file, in case you want to burn it, or something.

Attached Files

#8 doctorclu OFFLINE  

doctorclu

******Blue Max****** *****Class 4*****

• 5,644 posts
  • (Bubsy Bobcat fan)

Posted Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:06 PM

Anyone good at making AtariMax Flash cart images? Maybe they have an image already on the AtariMax site?

My thoughts on the Salt image though, I thought that was supposed to work with the SuperSalt module (a module in a 850 interface case that has ports you connect to parts of the Atari 800 to test various functions.)

#9 mr-atari OFFLINE  

mr-atari

Chopper Commander

• 192 posts

Posted Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:34 AM

Use ATARIMAX Maxflash Cartridge Studio :-)

http://www.atarimax..../documentation/

You do not need the hardware to create flashers.
just create your cartridge and use the
FILE>EXPORT>ATR and choose the correct atarimax-cartridge.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users