IGNORED

The Bookkeeper

Marius

Hi!

Who can and wants to 'ATR' the Atari Bookkeeper disks for me?

I'm really interested in them, but I can not find it? Perhaps I'm looking wrong?

I have a small company, and I would LOVE to do my administration on Little Atari. Ofcourse I can do this in visicalc or syncalc, but that is just a spreadsheet. Wouldn't it be cool to do it with a real small business administration program?

Greetz

M.

I'm not sure it would be all that cool unless you do very little business. I think there were better business packages later on, though.

Anyway, I still see new Bookkeeper packages for sale from time to time so you can be "legit" when the software police stop by. :D

@atarigeezer Oh... I would be VERY interested indeed in all the floppie disks on atr. Thanks man! You are the BEST!

@Bryan. Well I'm a music teacher, and I have around 180 students (in groups). They pay me, and I have some equipment. So I have to keep a balance in my administration, and a loss-and-profit-state, and a few more things. I can hardly imagine that this would NOT be possible with this software... but we'll see. I'll let you know. If it is not possible, I would really be interested in new software. But I really would love to do this on my atari 8bit.

Here ya go :)

Atari Book Keeper - Data Base.ATR

Atari Book Keeper - Data Entry.pro.atr

Atari Book Keeper - Data Entry.ATR

Atari Book Keeper - Reporting.pro.atr

Atari Book Keeper - Reporting.ATR

Atari Book Keeper - Sample Data Base (Benson).ATR

The two "pro.atr" files should be renamed to just "pro".

These two have protection at sector #365 in the form of a Bad - Missing Sector...

Not sure if AtariMania wants these or not, or not until having the bad sector check removed...

Jay

• Like 1

Good evening "AtariGeezer",

How did you obtained .pro disk images from the real diskette on real Atari 1050 with Happy Chip ? I have my own Happy chip on my Atari 1050 but it never able to copy any well-protected real diskette such famous like Broadbund as for example.Please instructing me further ? I have ProSystem application on my Window 7.

Edited by Caterpiggle

So are you telling me that "US Doubler" mod is better capability to copy ANY well-protected real software than "Happy" mod ? What is the different Happy and US Doubler ?

Don't confuse things. He (I guess) created these images with the 1050-to-PC interface. This works with the APE PRO-System... and this works (IIRC) only in Stock 1050 mode.

These disks are not copied from real floppy to real floppy! They are images from real floppies to .PRO image!

The US Doubler gives the drive true double density, and changes the sector skew during a format which makes transferring 3 times faster. The Happy gives the drive the ability to copy protected discs.

IIRC is an abbreviation for "if I recall correctly" :)

Hello Stephen,

I want to be sure that you are positive that Happy chip are ability to copy any well-protected diskette on ProSystem via my USB2SIO adapter ?? If it is so, then why my Happy Atari 1050 drive failed to copy protected software ??? I can only transfer non-protected software from my Happy drive to .atr only. Not .pro always failed ...

Are you selling AtariMax hardware , that is you ?

Hello Stephen,

I want to be sure that you are positive that Happy chip are ability to copy any well-protected diskette on ProSystem via my USB2SIO adapter ?? If it is so, then why my Happy Atari 1050 drive failed to copy protected software ??? I can only transfer non-protected software from my Happy drive to .atr only. Not .pro always failed ...

It should be possible to use your Happy 1050 with the ProSystem software by using the Happy software to put the drive into UNHAPPY mode first.

Hello Stephen,

It should be possible to use your Happy 1050 with the ProSystem software by using the Happy software to put the drive into UNHAPPY mode first.

I can't get prosystem to recognize my COM3 PCI serial port. My serial APE/PRO interface works fine for APE or aspeqt. I don't believe the prosystem works, at least not with my COM3 port. The idea of the prosystem,

I think, is to be able to make a .PRO image of copy a protected disk. I have a PRO interface from atarimax, it is supposed to be PRO. I can click 'launch prosystem' from the APE 'Image toolbox' menu, but it won't

recognize my COM3 port or any drive attached.

Edited by russg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Did anyone ever crack the protection on these? Not coming up with much on searches....

The protection is based on Sector 365 ($016D). The Basic file "BOOT" in disk image "Atari Book Keeper - Data Entry.ATR" has the protection code (sector #140 on the disk).( line 32760 in the BOOT file).

Attached is unprotected "Atari Book Keeper - Data Entry.ATR" PRO disk image that was provided by AtariGeezer .

Please note that the Software was not tested further

madi

Atari Book Keeper - Data Entry.atr

Edited by Madi
  • Like 5

El cheapo protection from Atari's early years:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/196752-stuff-for-salefree/

"sector 365 is missing from two of the disks-and is checked for during boot"

So if you can write bad sectors, there ya go. I recall using a bit of tape to pull on the disks to create 'em BITD before I got some decent software.

• Like 1